Database speed on Prime 4

It would be interesting to see if the search speed gets better if a different SSD is used.

The poster mentioned he has a sandig . Is that a sandisk but mistyped, or is sandig some low performance entry level ssd?

FYI

I use a Samsung T5 500GB SSD, on the front USB2 port even, on my SC.

And an internal Samsung 860EVO 1TB in the Prime4.

Sounds good. How are your search times ?

See some posts above :wink: Instant, but at 1/10 collection size, search could as well be the 1 second.

sorry mistake: Sandisk

With 40k tracks mine used to be virtually instant, a recent firmware has defo slowed it down to 3-4 secs now.

@olfi67

It is an issue that I see more often (especially on social media). For me personally, it is certainly an issue and I fully understand what you encounter

First of all, you can follow the guide Denon wrote in the Knowledge base: https://www.denondj.com/kb/denon-dj-tips-prime-4-search-function

Then, if it doesn’t help you can like the original post of this request to increase the chance that it will appear on the development roadmap : Substantial improvements to Library Search performance (the Updating thing) / Faster search larger libraries

It is a problem that some users will never worry about, and others will be very annoyed. For me personally, the search speed of larger collections is the biggest annoyance of the Prime 4. Wrote on the mentioned treat above before:

I know there are ways to increase the search speed and I have a good hope somewhere that someday something will be done with this matter, but I honestly don’t think it will be soon. Of course I can be wrong, I cannot look into the schedule of development :wink:

3 Likes

Hey, I have same Problem, Database Speed is very slow, Collection is about 100k, internal SSD is a Crucial MX500 with 2TB :frowning:

Denon recommendation is 50,000.

Before you search, are you disabling all non-essential fields as per Denon instructions?

Hey… i only use artist and title… it‘s a bit complicated to split my collection, because of my crates & playlists in itunes match und serato…