Database 2 folder utility

I have update engine dj and engine os on my Prime4 from 1.6 to 2.4. Now there is a database 2 folder in engine library on the external ssd I use. Can I remove it ? Or are there files that are useless now because they were related to 1.6 ? I’m asking this because I saw somewhere that it was better to start from scratch when changing from old 1.* system to 2.* for speed, stability and so on. But I think that means reanalyse all files and redo all cues loops, isn’t it ? awful work cause I have a more than 17k files database ! So what is the best option ? Thanks

Database2 is the folder you DON’T want to remove when using versions 2.x. It is where the new database files are located.

Thanks for your answer, I was about to do a big mistake. And what about files that are not in database2 folder ? Is there a way to optimize new configuration when coming from old system without having to begin from zero ?

I’m asking this because sometimes I see strange things, like impossibility to eject drive (samsung T7 shield) or files that don’t even want to start… So if there is a solution or tips to improve stability and get rid of erratic behaviour, I’ll take it.

Anyone ?.. :slightly_frowning_face::roll_eyes:

Database files in the root of the Engine folder won’t be used anymore.

What you could do is move the files you think are obsolete into another created folder.