Corrupted database during First import

Just wondering, is there is a reason you’re using ExFat instead of APFS?

Yes, I had to copy my library from my old windows 10 to use it on the new Mac. So the unique way to do this, it was using ExFAT.

Drag and drop those files to this program

If they don’t get fixed then delete them

Great question

I use APFS for the drive that holds my music.

@rohs_dj if you have a spare drive, format that in APFS. Then clone your ExFat to it.

You can clone the drive using CarbonCopyCloner

https://bombich.com/

Or

You can try asking @Christiaan

1 Like

Ok musafa, I’ll do it by the end of this week. Do you think that this is the problem?

+1 for Carbon Copy Cloner. I’ve been a loyal CCC user for 2 decades. :slight_smile:

Hello, I have formatted in APFS but I have this error on ED.

It’s not an error

It telling you that you can’t use the drive with the players. Which is fine.

Click ok and continue.

Yes, as always @mufasa is on point here. The dialog you see is just telling you can’t use this drive on the hardware devices, but you can use it to store your music collection for the desktop software.

1 Like

Hello musafa. The solution is that: the external ssd (or hard disk) where music is stored has need to be formatted in APFS. This solution is need for MacBook with M series chip because I have tried today with a MacBook Pro (2017) with intel i7 and, in that case, ExFAT works properly. I’ll do some tests in the next days but Engine Dj has finished parsing my library successfully. In the next days I have to rating my music. So I can give another feedback here. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Hello everybody, i have the same problem as @rohs_dj . The problem is when the analyzing is starting. I try very much solutions from this page, but nothing is still working. Maybe you can look to my log file? I will do this in this post.

In other Threads I read that we should use a thunderbolt connection with external ssd than it works?

I´m using MacBook M2 Pro with Sonoma 14.2.1 and EngineDJ 3.3.0.

The Option with APFS formatation I still try, but then engine says it´s not compatible and I should format to ExFat.

Maybe someone can help me, I´m very desperate…

here is my file to read…

Fabi

Hello Fabiano, You have to storage the music on an ssd or hard disk formatted in APFS. So you can analyse the music on EngineDj Software and at the end you can synchronise the music on the hard disk (formatted in ExFAT) that is on the Denon 4+. So, the hard disk that you use to storage the music has to be formatted in APFS, instead, the hard disk inside the prime, has to be formatted ExFAT.

Hey @rohs_dj,

yes, after I send my post here I read the thread again from the beginning and I saw the “incompatlible OS” information on your screenshot. I was testing with APFS and it works. :heart_eyes: Now I have to sort my complete library again and sync with engine dj, maybe I need 1-2 days for it. But for my information, Engine write in their manual that one partition on ssd should be only have 50.000 tracks inside, for more tracks they commend that you should use a second or third partition on device. On my external ssd which is connected with Mac I do this, but should I partition the ssd in the prime4 also with 2 or 3 extra partitions? And if I´m searching for tracks on prime 4 then with more partitions, did the prime4 search automatically in all partitions? Do you know this?

Thank you :slight_smile:

This is news to me. Could you post a link to this information?

My collection drive has close to 80k tracks, i only have one partition. Its APFS external ssd.

not sure if this is necessary

Hey @mufasa ,

sure. here is the link:

• The size of your collection will impact search speed results. The larger the collection, the more metadata to search. We have tested collections up to 50’000 songs with good results. If your collection is larger than 50’000, we’d recommend either splitting your collection into 2 separate devices or partitions.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.