Corrupt DB - assistance if possible

I was trying to organise a playlist on an SD card today and managed to lose connection to the SD card mid update. As a result I have a corrupt DB on the card!

Running a Pragma check I can see: wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_PlaylistEntity_1

Which I was hoping I could fix with an export / import process on SQL lite. Sadly it does not work and I end up with:

Any ideas where I can go next?

If I just try to export and import the PlaylistEntity Table I get:

Don’t you have a backup of your database in the Engine Library Backup folder that you can revert to?

1 Like

Sadly - I did not use sync for these playlists! lesson learned!

I grabbed the db files from the drive and so have them all available. If I add the old m.db file (the one with the error) back to the SD card folder it will read in Engine (Tracks and playlists) but eventually finishes the checks and shows DB corrupt!.

OK - fixed it (I think)

My mistake was trying to reimport the data back into the current DB and not creating a new DB (m.db in this case!) I created a new m2.db and then replaced the new one into the correct location and it seems to be “ok” now!

Glad you got it sorted.

I do a manual backup of the database each time I make any major changes, just in case

1 Like

Yep - lesson learned!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.