Corrupt database

Maybe a solution for some:

Can’t possible to downgrade only pc engine software? And on console 4.0? How can download both 3.4 version? And I need to restore to factory consolle to downgrade it?

@Rodolfodj It is still not clear if you need to downgrade console and PC, I could not test downgrading only one of the two. It is not even clear, if the downgrade indeed solves all problems we have or if it is not rather (in my case) my microSD card’s fault, but atm everything is looking fine.

In my case, I didn’t mind rebuilding the library, it was only 2 months old and there were no cue points or anything that I could lose.

In any case, I would advise you to back up the library from the PC (folder \Engine Library\Database2, not the track files, they appear to remain unchanged) before every step you take so you can go back if necessary.

You can find older versions of the PC and console software here (just expand)

I only downgraded the computer.

I am running 4.0 on the players.

Right… not 100% relevant to the conversation but my new USB stick arrived tonight, and the fact im typing this should tell you that the news is pretty good.

It’s a 128gb Sandisk USB 3.2 with a read sped of 400mb… I just synced my whole collection (5457 tracks I think) in 37 minutes, yes you read that right, 37 minutes to a USB stick. ive loaded it to the player and it seems to be working fine, no issues. It also feels quite snappy.

Best thing about it, ÂŁ11.99 from Scamazon, around 20 quid for a 256gb model.

My conclusion, bin your 80mb read speed storage devices and upgrade to this, at the very least you can watch the sync manager without leaving your computer unattended.

Is that the same drive? top one?

It’s this one. I didn’t even know USB 3.2 was a thing until 2 days ago :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SYB38Q8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I have this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7QDO7M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Yeah that is a beast isn’t it… similar job with flashier casing.

I think I’ve got that in my TV to pause live TV. I get glitches if I pause the freeview HD channels strangely as if it can’t write it fast enough.

Is it definitely the 400mb read speed one?

I guess video is a whole different ball game.

I think so. Saying that, a standard USB should be okay to hold the (quite frankly) rubbish Freeview signal so I think it’s more of an issue of the TV.

1 Like

Yeah possibly, might be the port too.

I just checked. It’s a SanDisk Luxe bought in Jan 2022. The port is an orange 3.0 so should handle it. Then again, it’s got that hot mess that is Android TV on it so that’s probably it.

Anyway. As we were…

1 Like

When you guys read speed specs, you have to be careful. Lots of times those are “burst” (temporary) speeds.

1 Like

Oh yeah definitely taking no notice of the speed itself… my theory was more around one being rated 80 and one 400, so assuming it would be less rubbish than the slower one.

I found this tool helpful

1 Like

On mac, my favorite tool is Black Magic speed test:

or (press “Download Only” on bottom left of dialogue)

For Windows:

(press “Download Only” on bottom left of dialogue)

My usb pen is a Corsair. Very good brand and model. So I downgraded to 3.4 pc engine software and made new database sinc on it. Tried for some.minutes only, now seems that work ( only 2 minutes of work) tomorrow I try for.much time

Which Corsair model?