Control disc tightness with QR

See I’m the opposite to you. I rather the feel of the torque pulling the record out of my grip so it’s instant start on the wiki wiki cue drop.

I’m not a scratch DJ and I don’t need it slippy. So scratch djs will hate using mine as they feel nice and bitey ready to fly.

This may help or not but you tried replacing the slipmat with a sheet of paper? My old mates who are scratch djs back in the day used that method.

I’m going to try a piece of wax paper and see if that helps under the slip mat. That’s next

Have you tried butter rugs? Not sure if you can get 7” versions, but might be able to cut some down to size.

1 Like

I tried wax paper awhile back I think the 5000m 7in disc is too small to for it to be useful. Might work better for the 8 inch.

I took me a little bit out time to find the spot because I wanna be able to do high quality spinbacks.

I also think maybe the qr is best suited for 12 platters.

Maybe someone can drill and tap a hole into the qr and put a set screw :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Cant be done. The Quick Release is Aluminum and doesn’t have enough thickness around the center where the set-screw needs to be… Once tapped to the proper threads, the set screw would just strip right away, as soon as any force is applied while tightening it against the spindle.

Ive tried…

Denon PLEASE bring back some type of locking adapter with a setscrew again.

Why exactly is this a problem? I really don’t understand it at all. what are you trying too achieve by releasing the vinyl?!

Wax paper under the slip mats have solved the problem of the disc getting tight. The player now feels like a proper turntable.

Cheers

3 Likes

Link to what you used? or are you just using the regular owen plate type of paper?. Cause I have the same issue :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just regular wax paper that you use for baking. I think Reynolds brand I have.