Computer mode connection

I connected my laptop via USB B like in the manual, but when I go to the screen I cannot see the laptop as source just my sd card I tried it with different cables Isnt that mode for updates available even in older versions ?

Laptop can’t be a source for Engine OS devices. USB cable connection only works for controller mode and updates.

He may be trying to do a firmware update using a laptop - but with zero understanding how to do it. :no_mouth:

Hey, can you be a bit more specific of what you’re trying to achieve? Firmware update, play from laptop, sync library etc :blush:

First I try to find out if its work, but a update could be something to try😂 Maybe I think different then the software, as I thought I connect Laptop and go and I see somewhere that they are connected ( even before I try to update from the laptop)

But it seems you start just an update from the laptop and then you see if they are connected ?

I am not really sure, if I should switch to virtual dj and use a laptop. I love the go and the stand alone option, it’s just the software I really not like, yes with drag and drop you can get the necessary Files on a sd card, but it’s not like I had it before Most dj software work with I Tunes so that’s the base that sync on all devices and you use for dj your playlists that are always up to date Virtual dj work that way too So maybe a better option, also engine dj seems to extend the capacity of all hd/sd as they always build there own database on every hd/sdd Anyway that’s why I am tempted to do an update and maybe switch to a better software

You can indeed use iTunes - just activate it your Settings → Library :blush:

:joy: sync with itunes and you have two database guess on the sd card I need one time the data, same way on the ssd where my iTunes library is based I don’t need the same data also as engine datebase 2 Tb instead of 1 for the same data is not really a good idea

so I updated now from the laptop first I get a message no device connected, but as the laptop and the go were connected, I continued and yes it worked😂 seems the message has no meaning still strange but anyway the good thing with the update I have now on the go source screen, the missing laptop icon and I know that my cables did there job Seems that my go still works and read the files from my sd card thank you for all infos