Compact mixer ideas please?

Open question to the forum. Can you provide me with links to a good ultra compact 2 channel mixer with a crossfader please?

The Akai AMX is the ideal one ive found so far, trouble is they are like Lord Lucan’s golfing partner, nowhere to be seen.

Any similar models? they must have phono in for my decks too, its so i can slot it into my DJ booth when im playing 45s without lifting the radius 4 out.

Hmm, Ecler Nuo 2.0 maybe? It’s compact, or to be more precise, very thin. Has great build and sound quality, plus phonos. Not cheap though, but should be easy to get on the 2nd hand market.

Otherwise: Xone 22/23, DJM250, maybe Reloop also has something compact, too.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw those, definitely another one in the category of hard to find:)

My other dilemma is around Serato, do I get a 2 channel Serato ready mixer and use that, that way I can use it at a gig if I ever want to play alongside someone using vinyl… but then I went down a wormhole of effects inserts and which mixers allow effects on really vinyl etc.

One option is a DJM-S5 and remapping one of the hot cue pads to a 4 beat loop (the convoluted looping on that mixer is horrible), but again its a lot of money for compromises. The Numark Scratch seems ok but cant do effects on vinyl so is a no go.

I’m on the lookout for another AMX. I traded in mine way back in 2016 to Bop DJ along with the AFX.

Regrets, I’ve had a few…

1 Like

Just had a look and there’s a used Pio 250 at Bop: Pioneer DJM-250MK2 (Pre-owned) | Pioneer DJ Mixers | Bop DJ

That price is ridiculous for that piece of junk though isnt it lol.

Does it support DVS with Rekordbox?.. i think for mixing 45s id also need some kind of echo effect really, but then the DJM-450 is 800 quid (not far off the price of a Mastersounds Radius 2)

It does. They also have a cheap 450 there too.

1 Like

For 800 quid you get X600 and throw in a Reloop Flux for Serato compatibility and I think you still have money left over xD

But tbh, it all depends what is “compact” to you. AMX is a controller/interface, proper mixer means something the size of Nuo 2.0 or bigger. Whatever you choose, you will need to compromise on something.

1 Like

I wish there was a crossfader on my mixer lol. Im gonna sit it out I think and see what is coming out in the next few months.

The numark scratch is compact, lightweight and totally compatible with serato, so you’ll want to take a look at it.

1 Like

Definitely an option, the only problem, the FX dont work with real vinyl (the DJM-S5 for example does)

I have a friend who has a numark scratch with serato, I’ll ask him.

I don’t know if even with serato connected it’s possible to use serato effects when playing real vinyl.

I know it’s something I can do with my Kontrol Z2 on traktor when it’s connected to traktor, although the Z2 doesn’t have internal effects either. Just switch Traktor’s decks to “Live input” mode and trakor’s effects can be applied to real vinyl.

There may be an equivalent function in serato

You definitely can on some devices, my Reloop Flux for example allows you to put through mode on and use the FX pre fader with vinyl.

As far as im aware the Numark doesn’t, which is a shame as it would be perfect for what I need.

The akai amx is not a standalone mixer. The older pioneer mixers mentioned require drivers and the djm s5 does not have internal fx.

Here’s a cheap compact mixer Professional DJ Pod Mixers Audio Equipment 2 Channels Bluetooth Inputs

The x600 is a good option even though the sound card only works with windows the midi function works and can receive midi clock for it’s effector. And you can get full use of your flux with it.

I don’t mind running the Akai through Serato but it would only be useful at home. The S5 software effects still work on vinyl as it’s run through an insert is my understanding.

Those Gemini mixers are definitely an option, cheap and cheerful.

Pity you weren’t in Dublin Stu, there is an AMX for sale for €175, still with the original box.

1 Like

Maybe a Reloop RMX-22i or 33i ?

1 Like

I think I might hold off and see what’s in the pipeline:)

I’d love to find a 2nd hand Radius valve 2 somewhere if I could… the mk1 version:) not got 1900 quid for the new one lol.