Can't load the final track from the Prime 4 Prepare list on version 2.3.2

I’ve noticed this at every wedding over the past couple of weeks since I upgraded to 2.3.2 - at the end of the night when I try to load the final track that is in the Prepare list to a deck, it simply cannot be done, either by swiping it or by using the physical button. I made a short video showing this happening on one of the occurrences recently (bride & groom’s choice of final 3 songs of the night!): Denon P4 2.3.2 prepare list bug - YouTube

I can go and search for / browse to the track again and then it loads no problem. It’s just the “copy” of the track in the Prepare list that won’t load.

@PaulM Yes, this all happened to me once too. But I have not been able to replicate it anymore. Have you found out how this bug can be obtained?

@DjAj Good to know it’s not specific to me!

All I’ve been able to figure out is that it happens at the end of every gig where I’ve only one track left in the Prepare list after DJing continuously for 4-5 hours, but it did NOT happen when I just quickly loaded a couple of tunes to the Prepare list after powering up to try to replicate the issue. Therefore, all I know right now is that it seems to be related to the P4 running for several hours, or possibly the number of tracks that have “passed through” the Prepare list before reaching that last track.

I’ll update here if I’m able to figure out anything more specific in relation to when it happens.

I exclude this reason: I had been using the console for no more than an hour.

Instead, this last statement of yours is more probable: I too had loaded some tracks, which I then gradually played from the Prepare list. When I reached the last track I couldn’t load it.

But I’ve also repeated all this in other events, and I’ve always managed to load the last track. So it doesn’t always happen using that sequence.

Thanks - I’ll update with any more info as I find it.

1 Like