Cant get serato pro working with sc5000m and x1850

The X1850 is different to the X1800

The x1850 is not supported by Serato yet (no one knows of it will be eventually)

Buying a licence is not going to make it magically work with Serato.

But the decks should at least work. I can use players with serato without the x1800. They show up in hid mode in serato as usually.

You need a mixer or sound card or controller to unlock the full serato.

Serato does not use the sound card on the players.

Serato play lets You use the computers sound card.

Yes but you can’t midi map it. I could be wrong though. I will try Serato play with just the SC5000M when I get home.

You may be on to something.

Control Serato DJ Pro The SC6000/M and X1850 bring advanced control of Serato DJ Pro. This enables touchscreen navigation and flexible hardware control of all Serato DJ Pro’s library and performance features. ** **Serato compatibility available in a future free software update

From: Introducing Denon DJ SC6000 + SC6000M Media Players

Serato will support the X1850, I am assuming they have not done so yet because the SC6000 still have not been officially released.

2 Likes

The x1850 hasn’t been officially announced as Serato DJ Pro supported as of yet. This is also the case with the Prime 2 and the new SC6000/M. If you all remember, the same delay happened when the x1800, SC5000/M, and the Prime 4 where released. I’m sure it’s in the works but most likely will be sometime this summer. When announced, most likely it will be a paid upgrade for the x1850 to work with Serato DJ Pro (you’ll need a full Pro license).

1 Like

What bugs me is I am sitting here with an X1850 but players have not been released. What is the strategy for releasing the mixer and player separately?

I agree. Prior to product annoucement/releases Denon DJ should make sure that all key product functions are available and fully operational. This same scenario happend with the Prime X1800/SC5000/Prime 4, and with the MCX8000 before that.

As for end users, It’s a decision now whether to wait for the upgrades or hold off/return the products and revisit/purchase the products once upgrades are released and available.

Technically even though they were announced together, nothing guarantees they will be released together.

The X1850 replaces the X1800 which is now discontinued.

So there is a market gap.

Some folks will buy the SC5000 + X1850 combo.

Some will use the x1850 with Turntables or other media players.

Thankyou, the sc5000m/x1850 are amazing as a standalone setup so I dont mind waiting for functionality to catchup if you guys are confident that it will eventually?

The reason I am so keen to get them working with serato is I only have one sc5000m - I love the fact I can use it as 2 decks (through the layering) but I bought the x1850 because I thought I would be able to achieve 4 deck functionality from a single sc5000m as i would have been able to with an x1800 (see pic)

Thanks for the advice. Do you think it is simply a matter of time, or is there a chance they wont ever develop serato support?

I’ll put my money on just a matter of time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks mate, uv massively put my mind at rest!

I thought it would be weird if they didnt develop it considering they must have already done a lot of the work for the x1800.

I can get traktor pro3 working with the x1850 easily enough using dvs mode but im limited to 2 channels (two layers of timecode output) so theres no benefit lol

thanks,

ben

1 Like

When I first got the MCX8000 it was a nightmare. Not sure why a more stable release is not a priority. Obviously, if they waited until everything was perfect we’d never get anything new. But the QC should be better IMO.

1 Like

Didn’t think of it like that, so that makes sense. But even though they can be used in infinite combos, it still makes sense to release them both at the sametime. All the pre-release reviews are the X1850 with the SC6000/M. So my assumption was they were going to release the same time.

You could always use VirtualDJ instead…

For starters, mixers and audio interfaces don’t have to be “certified” for VDJ to use them. Out of any/all DJ software, VDJ has the largest selection of supported hardware.

It’s possible to map stuff yourself, even before VDJ adds official mapping.

Support for all the Denon Prime stuff is either in place or on the way shortly. See https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

1 Like

That’s an interesting set-up. Any benefits of running just one player? I’m still relatively new to the craft and never seen anyone run a set-up like that.

I totally get it. TBH, I did not know they were getting the functionality. I was pretty bummed, until I read that thread, I was surprised and happy. Looks like its going to work out. Now the waiting game.

1 Like

I like VDJ, hopefully it will add support for the screens. Would hate to have all that real estate and not be able to take advantage.

thankyou! downloading now. It seems they will support the x1850 and sc5000m at some point…not sure when but good to know!