Can’t adjust screen brightness on New DENON Prime 4

Oh yeah fully agree it needs fixing, I’ve just had an issue with my Crossfader on the prime 2 that is a firmware bug… it was annoying and is still impacting the guy who I was talking to on the thread but its certainly not muddied my opinion of Denon.

The staff member above has recognised the issue and has confirmed they are looking into it, it’s a lot better than most other tech companies I’ve seen previously. Hopefully it’s just a Firmware thing and not a hardware issue for you guys.

1 Like

Yep they seem to be on the case with the problem and with that, I won’t harp on about it at all, it doesn’t effect me playing the Prime 4 and I will follow this thread for any future updates :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I think I got a little overwhelmed. That’s all!

Anyways, I really appreciate, how active the DENON community is over here. Everyone looking into the matters of others and addressing each others’ problem/queries. So, a thumbs up for that. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

We all try to be. It’s good to be critical. No harm in that. Unless it gets really toxic.

Normally I would categorize this issue as a bug, but seeing it only seems to happen on the white Prime4 it might be something else.

3 Likes

Hi guys!

A quick update, I was contacted by the DENON team, and they asked if reverting to earlier versions might help with the issue.

I tried reverting 1.6.2 as well as 2.0 but the issue still resides. The brightness on the jogs triggers but no effect to the screen.

1 Like

Thanks for the info mate :+1: Glad you tried it, I reinstalled 2.1.1 again in the hope it would work but it didn’t, hope they sort this out :point_up:

Screen too bright. Just buy a pair of ray bans and look even cooler with the white prime 4. As was said it’s being looked into… give them a chance a simple os update I’m sure will fix it… Or go and buy a set of pioneers and moan all over the pioneers forum about faults that have been there since 2015 that STILL arn’tt fixed… in fact pioneer will ban you from their forum for daring to bring these problems up as they have “washed their hands of it” because “we got bought out so it’s nothing to do with us” mentality.

Something like that should be fixed asap. However how far should one go in testing when releasing the exact same product but with a different skin.

2 Likes

It could be something as silly as a missing ; at the end of a line of code. Finding that one typo in 500 000 lines of code . Ok narrow that down to say 10 000 lines of screen control /menu code. Yes agreed it should just be same firmware as prime 4 black. Obviously for some reason it isn’t. I still wouldn’t bin it off for that. It took serato until version 2 to bring in night day screens… don’t hear anyone slating that… if that’s too bright then feel free to come to one of my gigs where I have 10 stage blinders on strobe :joy::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Maybe a new brighter screen was installed instead of the older one where it was hard to see outside. The screen on my 5000m is really really bright on the max setting, I have it set to it’s minimum.

Hopefully it’s not a hardware issue.

2 Likes

That would indicate that “something” is different. Maybe a different manufacture of screen that needs something extra to unlock it. Denon know about it they know what this problem is and are working on it. They cant do it in five minutes. My question is to all those that want to bin the unit off over this is “would you have bought the unit if dimming the screen WASNT a feature??”

1 Like

I am not getting why are getting so offended over a comment. It was just an update bro on the situation as there are others as well who are facing the same. I am hopeful that the folks over at DENON are looking into it and will get back with a solution. So, I would advise to cool down a bit. It’s nothing personal!!

Also, you need to understand, I have upgraded from a 1200$ gear to 2000$. Why would I do it? Why would anyone do it? Just to make your life easier, for your comfort and get a more premium feel.

Obviously, this is not hindering in terms of performance, but why compromise when you have paid that much amount of money.

Peace :v:t2:

1 Like

I hope it’s not a hardware issue. But then again, mine, @Chris_S and @MeOnTheVerse ’s gear, all from a similar lot, I believe, so you never know.

And that’s where the quality control comes in. Prior to shipping from the factory, the units are tested. Anyways, I am positive, hoping for the best.

I’m not offended at all mate. The prime standalone series is basicly game changing. That’s why I upgraded to one. Never missed a beat. Never crashed. Engine seemed weird to start with but you soon get your head round how it works. I have had denon gear for years and wouldn’t change to another setup I would quit and hang the headphones up first. I tried to make it funny by suggesting ray bans (sorry if you didn’t find it funny). Yes i hope denon can as they have said sort it out. And maybe explain where the issue came from. Full explanations to some are nice. Anyway hugs and kisses. Bottom line we all use denon gear. We chose it for a reason whether it be looks or quality. So far denon seem to be going in the right direction sorting things out, long may it continue. Enjoy the primes they are on another planet compared to others. As denon said it was “locked to maximum” would indicate a different screen BUT software tweak should be able to unlock it

2 Likes

Thanks bro! Much respect and appreciation. :v:t2:

1 Like

Hey folks, We’re aware of the issue and are working on a fix for it. It’s not a hardware issue and we expect to have it resolved in the next release.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to report the issue here.

Cheers,

Vince

8 Likes

Thank you for your response Vince. Looking forward. :blush:

1 Like

Yea thanks for this :+1:

Thanks for the reply!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.