Can’t adjust screen brightness on New DENON Prime 4

Not sure but I’m expecting a brand new unit otherwise if they even mention to take a brand new unit for repair that will be a whole life of not recommending Denon to anyone…Period.

1 Like

That’s 3 of us now, all Prime 4 white and all brand new :man_facepalming: @Anthony_DDJ

3 Likes

This might sound like a ridiculous suggestion and apologies if so… when I watched your video I noticed you gave it a quick tap, have you tried a longer press on the brightness you want? ive just tested on my Prime 2 and I had to hold my finger onto the setting I wanted momentarily.

Hey @STU-C , thank you for your message. I immediately turned on my controller and tried holding out the setting (low,mid, high and max)…

Still the same. :sob:

2 Likes

Ah no probs, was worth a try.

1 Like

Hi All - Spoke with the team earlier today. This issue is being looked at and seems to be limited to the Prime 4 White Editions. Fortunately, the available brightness is locked in the MAX setting. I’ll update this topic with any new information as it becomes available.

2 Likes

@Anthony_DDJ , so is it something to do with the OS, or a hardware issue?

1 Like

Working in system support/transformation my guess is they will need a bit of time to look into it, a few days minimum, code is complex and generally a nightmare.

2 Likes

This is my first DENON, and it’s already becoming a nightmare.

I guess leaving pioneer was not such a good idea after all. :thinking:

3 Likes

Wait…because there is a temporary limited issue with screen brightness stuck on max setting?

:no_mouth:

5 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1:

1 Like

If you think Pioneer are the better option then I would suggest selling the Denon kit and buying something from them, that way you will be happy.

It looks like you have your heart set on Pioneer anyway.

@STU-C that seemed a little demotivating.

No offence bro, but I had been using pioneer for a couple of years now, so obviously, it takes a little time to get over something.

See, I am not against DENON or anything, infact I got it in the first place only because I wanted a stand-alone controller as I didn’t want myself to be looking at the laptop at all times. I got some great reviews so I thought it would be great

And frankly, it’s not only the screen brightness thing that is bothering me that much. There are a few other issues I am facing too.

1. Like the tidal 3 months serial, I got is invalid. Raised a separate ticket with DENON DJ for that

2. The day I got the unit, I live streamed a set. And loading one of the tracks.

1. Beat grid is not responsive for a few tracks.

When you pay a premium for something, and you face issues, during the first week of purchase, anyone at my place would get disappointed, I feel! Infact, it took 5 days post ordering for the unit to reach me, and those 5 days seemed like ages :sweat_smile:. So you can guess, how excited I was!!

3 Likes

Personally I think you’re making far too much of an issue out of the screen brightness thing, it’s an extremely minor inconvenience that has zero impact on the actual usability of the player. Perhaps consider using less extreme language for ‘issues’ like that.

The other thing isn’t good, units freezing up are a nightmare, but to provide some context, I’ve been using Pioneer gear since 2000, basically the mk1 CDJ-800 and many products since, I’ve experienced freeze ups many times, in fact the last two gigs at my residency I’ve had the CDJ-2000 nexus go into safe loop mode, and a few months ago one just froze, they cost a lot more money than a Prime 4 and I was in a bar full of 200 people, I just had to reboot and get on with it.

So yeah, it’s bad, but it happens.

Just to add too, those streaming services are fine, but I would never use them for any serious DJ work, you need to own your music and have it as a hard copy on some kind of storage device connected to your player, much more reliable.

3 Likes

Yea the screen brightness, it’s not really bothering me at all tbh but I do want it fixed at some point so I have peace of mind that it is not an hardware issue and I have to send the unit back :smiley:

1 Like

Oh yeah fully agree it needs fixing, I’ve just had an issue with my Crossfader on the prime 2 that is a firmware bug… it was annoying and is still impacting the guy who I was talking to on the thread but its certainly not muddied my opinion of Denon.

The staff member above has recognised the issue and has confirmed they are looking into it, it’s a lot better than most other tech companies I’ve seen previously. Hopefully it’s just a Firmware thing and not a hardware issue for you guys.

1 Like

Yep they seem to be on the case with the problem and with that, I won’t harp on about it at all, it doesn’t effect me playing the Prime 4 and I will follow this thread for any future updates :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I think I got a little overwhelmed. That’s all!

Anyways, I really appreciate, how active the DENON community is over here. Everyone looking into the matters of others and addressing each others’ problem/queries. So, a thumbs up for that. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

We all try to be. It’s good to be critical. No harm in that. Unless it gets really toxic.

Normally I would categorize this issue as a bug, but seeing it only seems to happen on the white Prime4 it might be something else.

3 Likes

Hi guys!

A quick update, I was contacted by the DENON team, and they asked if reverting to earlier versions might help with the issue.

I tried reverting 1.6.2 as well as 2.0 but the issue still resides. The brightness on the jogs triggers but no effect to the screen.

1 Like