Bugreports Denon Prime 4 after Update to 2.3.1

Hi there

Here are a few bug-reports.

Since update to 2.3.1 I have a lot of trouble with WIFI and my Denon Prime 4.

• I am getting error message dialogs about my WIFI, for example when I am getting out of reach with my mobile phone hot spot. Those dialogs are supposed to be touched away with an “OK” button. But this button is not touchable/does not react. The unit is frozen so I have to restart.

• My prime 4 reboots sometimes without any warning - just reboots. Lucky me it was just during dinner and not during the dance. Man I am really worried. Thinking about switching back to Pioneer.

• Sometimes WIFI is not able to connect, even if its a regular WIFI that is working. After unit-restart I can connect again.

• When WIFI is not working, and I am searching a track via Tidal, it says “Waiting for Tidal”. This message does not get away till reboot. When I change source to SD-Card or Internal HD, it says “updating” - in the tracklist - its there and it wont disappear till reboot. Super annoying.

• When I have huge playlists, like 200 tracks++ and sort them after boot, it won’t update the new order. I have to switch to another playlist and go back - then its updated in new order.

• I do not have any issues if I switch off WIFI. Thats what I am doing at the moment to keep working.

• When I reboot, my “Prepare”-Playlist is gone. Given how much I have to re-boot at the moment to keep working with WIFI, this is tragic.

Saturday I walked away with my smartphone and I got the error you wrote. But I didn’t have to restart the console, I went to the wifi menu and turned off the wifi, at which point the message disappeared and the console worked properly. When I turned on my smartphone’s hot spot, I turned on the Prime 4’s WIFI, and I still got the connection and all the wifi working. You can try this method.

1 Like

so saturday it happened to me too! after about an hour that I was connected to the iphone hotspot, the connection fell with the message wifi lost connection, when I tried to reconnect the wifi my prime 4 restarted! but not entirely! the screen went off and the word engine dj reappeared and immediately turned on again, but within two seconds! so not a total reboot! after which everything is back to normal!

yeah… I am definately not making this up. if you read threads in facebook forums, they have trouble, too.

are denon-developer looking into this forum? is this even the right place to report bugs?

I think it would be wise to add your vote here: https://community.enginedj.com/t/prep-folder-on-prime4-don-t-empty-on-power-down/38636?u=addie

Thanks mate, I voted!

1 Like

i see. i actually didnt try out pressing the view button for long… may that could help. but still… cant be works as designed…

When I had obtained that warning window, I did NOT press the view button, but intuitively I scrolled down the top drop-down menu, then I clicked on the big icon at the bottom “WIFI” and then I clicked on the icon to turn off the Wifi. At that point the warning window was gone and everything was back to normal.

Ever since the latest update, ive had endless ‘unable to connect to wifi’ messages pop up. Ive never had the issue before