BUG - Pitch change

There is a strange bug that appears in every 20/30 loaded tracks, where when music starts to be played pitch is wrong (like 10-20% plus or minus). When I nudge the pitch fader a little it sets a correct value.

It has happened to two players since 3.0.0. on with no pattern.

What hardware are you on?

Are you using sync ?

No sync, 6000M

Have you been using layers?

If so…. Keep an eye on the little green up and down arrows at the top and bottom of the pitch control.

If there were a bug, or a BUG , then thousands of SC6000 users would be flooding the forum with the same query, and they’re not. So, I suspect it’s either:

• Soft takeover (give that a forum search) • (far far far less likely as it’s on two players ) faulty pitch control

Well in your case, it seemed that you really needed the crayons and slow, small words approach; Judging by your wide-of-the-mark and generic misconceptions about what forums are and how they do indeed work for most.

It’s a forum. You post, people reply - that’s how forums work.

You’ll get further if you complied with net-iquette and if you didn’t shout in posts, using full words of block capitals.

See how you go.

1 Like

@Pasha It has nothing to do with layers, I know what you mean but this is different. And no I don’t think anybody would be flooding forums, this is your opinion and keep It yourself.

This forum is GARBAGE for addressing issues, I’m not interested in your opinion of my issue and analysis on the level of kindergarten kids.

And clearly, you are biased ASF, any of your troubleshooting ends in reading manuals or user error. Can you understand I work with this gear FOR YEARS DAILY!! AND DON’T NEED YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO USE BASIC FUNCTIONS!!!

THANK YOU!!

2 Likes

I think you already tried, but is it reducible to certain tracks/filetypes/tags or completely at random?

Haven’t experienced it myself on a non-M, so could be platter sensor. Then again turning vinyl mode off would solve it and it might be the pitch fader altogether.

However, “since 3.x and both players” it wouldn’t be hardware, most likely.

Don’t know if it is possible to get a video of the issue or a debug log after it occurs?

I had this recently on the SC Live 4. Song was DNA - Billy Gillies loaded from Amazon music. It happened after the implementation of comunity track analysis or whatever its called. The BPM saved to the track was low and the result of this was the whole track running at a slower speed - very strange to see. You have to turn off keylock and move the pitch fader to get it back on key running at standard BPM. I loaded the same track from beatport and it was fine, correct pitch and BPM. My guess is on engines response of incorrect comunity track analysis?