Bug found and workaround: No subsequent import from Recordbox Collection

Engine DJ V3.1.1 and earlier 3.x; on W11, PC
Issue: You can import a Recordbox collection once but never again
I did debug the logging of engine DJ and it is quite obvious that the import process crashes when there is an already exisiting RB collection in Engine DJ. This behaviour is reproducible.
Workaround: Kill the rbm.db File in "users\AppData\Local\AIR Music Technology\EnginePrime\Favorites\Music\Engine Library\Database2". To do this make shure that you can see all directory types in w11!
Effect: This will reset your Engine DJ to a state before having imported any recodbox-xml file (which contains your rb-collection). You can then do the “importing rb-collection for the very first time” process. You need to repeat the whole crap when you did any changes on your recordbox collection and want to import the changes.
To denon DJ: Please fix this and don’t forget a regression test!!

I think there was a mass discussion, years ago, where at least three people said that they just couldn’t cope with the primes asking them about reimporting a rekordbox library every time they inserted a rekordbox Stick.

So, I think maybe a firmware change was made so that basically “no” once meant “no” forever.

Now you want it put back so it asks you every time?

Hi Pasha
Let me comment on your reply
1: I am referring to Engine DJ and not Engine OS
2: if there was any discussion about having a “one shot” import process on Engine OS Devices then this obviously did not lead to any changes in the Firmware: Actually my P4 is always asking me if I like to import the exisiting RB Library. BTW: To avoid this nag screen you need to delete the PIONEER Folder on the Disk of the P4
3: The point is that on Engine DJ (i.e. on the PC) there is an update button to reimport the recordbox XML file. This process does not work.

Cheers

From my understanding, the ‘import from other software’ feature was only ever meant to be used as an initial load for Engine DJ, so people can easily transfer across from their existing software, it was never designed to be continually used as a way of keeping the library up to date.

I long since realised this and stopped using the Serato import tool, I now manually update my playlists like I would in the other software I use.

It would be good if this was made an option, as I recall two or three users really kicked up a fuss about it nagging them, whereas the majority liked it asking to import the existing (exisiting) be library. Everyone’s got their way, the perfect way, of course - so best if the prime caters for both

To be honest I fully see the point of doing the import only once and never again when you migrate to prime 4. However I use RB as a workaround to import playlists (m3u) … Engine DJ does not have the ability to do this (how ridiculous!!). Thus I need to take the detour via RB and by often re-import the RB-Library.

There’s a feature voting system on the forum. You can submit your idea on a voting form and if other forum users think your idea is gonna rock their world, they can use one of their 10 forum votes on the idea.

Correctly submitted requests with high numbers of votes, May get more development attention than ideas which score zero votes

Have you seen the new smart playlist feature of Engine? not exactly what you’re looking for but its a useful new tool.