Bring back 32 an 64 beat Roll effect!

The Roll effect used to be able to go up all the way to 64 beats. It has since been changed to max 2 beats.

This on the prime GO and maybe on the other 2 channel decks is sad. We used to be able to use the 2 roll effects as a 32 beat “sampler” Which could even record motion. Since alle effects are post fader you could keep an 32 beat acidloop running and effectively have 2 extra " loopers" Which was awesome for techno on the prime go. But now we cant because it has been changed.

Bring it back please!

How about if they brought it back , but lost sampler and screen touch fx ?

Have a look at ‘hold echo’ I believe it might go some way to giving you back what you want.

2 Likes

Sampler is not really a sampler tough. Its a hotbar for samples but you cant really sample anything that’s playing on your decks. Screen touch effects are mostly useless tbh

I Would like a real sampler yeah I’ll take that. But then effects should work on samples. So you can create motion in the samples.

That works but only for 2 beats more hold echo goes up to 4 beats. Thats still a long way from 32. And because the echo is post fader and post effect its harder to control then the Roll.

You may have misunderstood.

What I meant was you have to lose some of the current features to get the 32 beat thing back - it might be a resources “teeter-totter” (see saw) …. As new stuff is pushed in, older stuff is pushed out / but maybe both can’t exist in the space available at the same time.

If that’s the case maybe they can make it so that you can have a feature budget. That way you can choose for yourself where you want to spend the resources on. I can understand that a unit like te GO has limited resources. But i checked how high it went on a Prime 4+ and its the same it only goes up to 2 beats.

I’d vote for actually finishing the implementation of the sampler, as we recently discovered (from a picture posted) that an early concept version of the Prime 4 had a sampler button.

Rather than just being a one shot playback device, allow it to record from decks, loop, sync to the beatgrid, have effects applied (maybe even stem separation) and to be sequenced so you could make drum patterns for example.

We do have Ableton Link, allowing us to use external kit for this, but it would be nice to bring it up to at least the functionality of typical DJ software.