Brand new Prime 4+ play/cue buttons unworkable

Hi,

just turned on my brand new Prime 4+ bought 2 days ago, I immediately installed sucessfully:

• wifi
  • engine DJ 3.30
  • Tidal

I tried to play few tracks but the only thing I could hear was from my headphones, as both the Cue and Play button remain dark and not working at all whatever the channel I was loading it too.

Have I missed something?

Thank you

Did it work right 2 days ago or is this the first time you’ve used it?

I bought it 2 days ago but just turned it on for the first time today

I would get the dealer to swap it out.

Possibly worth doing a video of the problem so people can see what is happening.

It might me my ignorance and sorry for that, but as you can see on the Screen, it says “playback is paused, to start playback press play on deck 4” which I did but without success it looks like all the bottom buttons are not working, and also the load button below the Browse knob in the middle.

it is my ultimate option, which I will do if it appears it it the default is confirmed.

It looks like the channel is in line input. Check switches on the front of the prime 4.

3 Likes

That screen looks weird, there should be a waveform loaded once you load the track not the play/skip options, can you change the view mode to the other option (shift and view) for horizontal waveforms and see if the track is loading up?

Edit: well spotted @DjEric … i think that is the issue.

1 Like

His channels 1 - 3 are indeed set to pass-thru (Ph/Li), another good indicator for that is to check FX 1 & 2 assign buttons, they are only available for internal EngineOS, otherwise they don’t lit up.

However, he clearly has deck 4 selected and this one is set as Playlist. In this mode, the play and track skip buttons (and only these) should still be illuminated and work. What happens if you touch that play button on the screen?

Edit: Okay, it seems you also have deck 4 set to line. The Prime 4 doesn’t give you any visual warning/status, if you are in playlist mode and line-in. I was shortly confused myself, when I checked on my own device (just bought one a few days ago). If the source is correctly set to Engine/USB, then these buttons should be lit:

Notice that the FX 1/2 buttons are also avaiable.

3 Likes

thanks a lot DjEric, much appreciated. It indeed fixed it. I really wonder why they came from factory all set in line input. Anyhow problem solved.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.