Brand nee Prime Go - battery life tested only 3 hours!

I just purchased a Prime Go and I’m quite disappointed that the advertised battery life which is already very poor does not go past 3 hours when testing.

I tested by having a playlist coming from a usb stick on both channels with continuous play so it was using full power continuously apart from using effects, not sure if that would of made any difference in battery drain though.

It’s an expensive piece of kit with many restrictions compared to the Prime 4 (which I also have) but they sell on the portability aspect but that really isn’t great at just 3 hours.

Why on earth is the battery life so poor, new laptops have double this most if the time, recent JBL speakers have 4-5 times this.

I purchased a power bank for just £50 from Amazon and tested this on my Prime Go and it gave me an additional 5 hours.

Litionite Tanker Mini 25000mah DC powerbank

Is this the standard battery time to expect from the Prime Go or should I go back to the supplier since Denon promote it at 4+ hours?

You should be getting about 5-6. Did you let the unit fully charge before first use?

Yes, I charged it up to 100% and tested it by plugging in my Survivor USB stick and loading both decks then clicking the continuous play option, turned volume to an average level and just let it play so I could watch the battery go down. It was almost exactly 3 hours.

Does this sound like a degraded battery then? I bought it from a reputable DJ shop.

Both decks on continuous? That’s probably it. Try one deck continuous. That’s more of a real world test. You wouldn’t run both decks non stop for hours at a time unless your doing what you’re doing for a test.

Ok I did think maybe that was pushing the boundaries but I still wanted to do that and see what the battery was capable of duration wise.

I’ll run another test and do continuous on just one deck one at a time and see if the results are different.

I use the Litionite Dragon 60,000 mhA and this allows me to keep the full charge of the Prime Go 7:30 am / 7:46 am max, namely that the Power Bank also supplies 2 sennheiser EW100G4 hF microphone and a Sennheiser G4 HF IEM stereo transmitter for the 2 LDs Systems Maui 5 GB used for wedding ceremonies.

5 Likes

Beautiful with white skin :+1:

They used poor battery, to reduce the costs for sure, with just 3350mah of course around 3h if you lucky maybe a little more with display low light.

The power bank seems like the best idea

I’ve never known any battery operated device work for the number of hours it specifies… I doubt your power bank will give even half its original number of hours given 6 months or so.

I would say two things though -

Firstly, ruining two audio channels continuously isn’t an accurate model of DJing - a lot of the time at a gig both channels would be open to air for maybe 30% of the time, not 100%

Secondly, a few firmware updates have been released for the go since it came out - I’d imagine that more features would mean more battery drain - maybe

Or you might just have a defective battery , which is exactly what your warranty is for