Boot up failure prime 2 controller

I have had a logged ticket for weeks now regarding my prime 2 not booting up Still waiting for a response of technical support for this issue I am slightly disheartened because when people have issues it’s taking a long time to get help or even no help Denon need to speed up there response and help people who have bought there products

1 Like

I can see you’re in the UK, if you read the T&C’s around your device you’ll see that the best place to go for repairs is the retailer you bought the device from, they will arrange getting it sorted for you.

1 Like

It’s out of warranty as had it for over two years . That’s the reason I am reaching out to denon but keep being told they no longer deal with the prime series controllers as it’s nothing to do with them . I have logged a ticket for support so will just have to wait and hopefully after January they might contact me

Who are telling you they no longer deal with the Prime controllers? is that the company themselves or the retailer? Someone else said it on the forum recently about this but I find it hard to believe they just refuse to repair it full stop?

There might be a way to boot it up in Firmware mode and have your computer connected to force a firmware update onto it. From your other post is looks like you are getting some power to it?

Is there no independent repair centres who can take the device and fix it?

When I spoke to denon they said they don’t have the rites or pattent any longer for the prime series It’s a company called in music who own it I have got power to the centre graphics display on both decks and nothing else Tried to connect to my pc and force a boot onto it but won’t see the controller on the pic because it’s not booting up like it’s in standby Going to send it off after new year to in music Ben has allowed me to do out of warranty repair but going to cost quite a bit I think That’s the only option I am given as nothing else works

Just to be sure. Where did you exactly file a support question?

The brand “DenonDJ” is fully owned by InMusic for years now. Did you create a support ticket at Support | Engine DJ? If so, then someone from staff could follow up on this.

The Denon-Marantz company is a completely different company. Just like PioneerDJ isn’t owned by the Pioneer Corporation.

1 Like

Ah, so as Reese has said above, Denon and Denon DJ are 2 completely separate entities now. InMusic are the right people to go to and it sounds like Ben has got you on the right track to get it repaired. It may cost a bit but at least you’ll get sorted.

One thing id advise is for you to get Music instrument insurance, i pay about £120 a year for mine with Allianz and it covers all my DJ gear, laptop, cables, cases, headphones etc. If you get the right policy it should cover things like this and you’ll only have to pay the excess.

Did you speak with Denon/InMusic Brands?

If so, what is your ticket number or email address? I can look into this asap. Thanks