Better screen utilisation with added editing functionality

Need to make better use of the large screen on the SC6000s!!! As someone with a large music collection, I am constantly rediscovering forgotten tracks in my collection when I play around. Not being able to use the massive screen real-estate to add comments/star ratings to a track for future use is extremely disappointing and I have to get a pen and paper to write down track titles to later find in Engine Desktop! Not very efficient and this should be standard functionality on any stand alone players!!!

Additionally, when using my LC6000s which sit above my SC6000s, I should be able to change their position on the SC60000 screen and to put layer B on top and Layer A on the bottom to match the physical configuration.

It would be great to have some focus in the next release on better usage of the screen real-estate on the SC6000 as that is one of the more convincing features that will get people to upgrade to this player! There should be so much more we should able to do with that large of a screen and as of now it feels pretty under-utilised!!!

2 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forum, nice opening gambit.

There is a feature requests section of the forum where you can find feature requests relevant to your demands and vote on them. You have 10 votes in total to spread across various requests. Alternatively if you have a brand new request you can raise one yourself.

2 Likes

Great advice - but do check the several hundred existing requests as pretty much everything that could possibly be asked for has already been asked for and has either been implemented or requested.

There are now soooo many requests that it won’t be a case of “please add my simple easy-to-implement feature to the NEXT firmware release” will most likely be years away before even any sort of dent is made in the feature request list

Inmusic are doing an amazing (truely amazing) job at adding new features free of charge to both old and new players - with typically a dozen new features or improvements per firmware release and often 2 or 3 such firmware releases per year.

All that amidst a shifting perspective of users claiming their request is a “basic/essential” function which should be “easy to add” not because they know how to program features, but more as a way of trying to elevate their insistence for “their” feature to be added.

But, good advice from Stu-C above, search through the feature requests, add one of your ten forum votes to any feature requests which you feel you’d really really make use.

Of course, if you’re creating a brand new Unduplicated feature request, make sure you add one of your 10 votes to your own request to show your own support for it.

Thanks mate. Found some and have voted already. Apologies for the new thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.