Beatport Link offline locker on prime Go

Another day, another strange account appearing to bump old threads complaining about something, not once but 6 times in this case :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I was thinking the same :scream:

1 Like

I think that we’ll get it eventually. It will just take a little longer than planned.

For reference this is the announcement that he’ll probably be referencing. They didn’t fill the prices in at the bottom (it states TBC): Denon DJ announces world's first streaming capability in standalone DJ hardware

2 Likes

Remove what from marketing? Is it stated anywhere that you can download the streaming tracks from Beatport?

“Beatport’s new LINK technology will support standalone streaming with the Prime Series hardware”

1 Like

I’m tempted to remove all topic bumps, but they are already “bumped”…

@NMMixer: one topic bump would have sufficed to get a reaction.

1 Like

If you read what I was saying, it was about the Offline Locker ability.

What’s wrong about making the comments that I did? Reviving a topic that in 2023 still has not been definitely answered by Denon. Did I violate your community standards that you feel you need to shut down the topic?

Let me rephrase.

If it hasn’t been implemented after so long, do you think things will suddenly speed up stating the obvious in 5 different topics?

1 Like

Forums help push ideas for developers to implement features they may have not have prioritized. Someone like myself new to the Prime series of devices have looked for this offline locker and did not find it. I looked up the feature and found this forum thread because search algorithms found recent information and populated it per my search criteria. Consequently, I can chime in and “bump” to continue letting developers know there is a strong and current desire. So yes, it may very well speed up things, or at least keep it in the current conversation of feature requests. As long as no forum violations occur, we should all have the freedom to express ourselves. Cheers!

1 Like

True. Bumping might give extra attention and the function isn’t blocked (anymore), but bumping 5 topics on one subject is more like seeking negative attention; again imho.

For sake of completeness this topic isn’t a feature request for devs to pick up. If y’all like bumping, the correct topic is: Beatport and Beatsource Link full integration - Engine DJ (Desktop & OS) - Feature Requests / New/Open Requests - Engine DJ Community

Cast your votes! :wink:

2 Likes

Cast your vote! I need this feature :yum:

1 Like

Thanks! That is exactly why you and other veteran members are here! Pointing us to the appropriate channels is helpful and productive for the entire community.

2 Likes

I just bought a Prime4+. Very very happy with the product quality. But I must say regarding the software, the marketing message is not clear. I REALLY thought I would get all the beatport functions I have with NI. both on desktop and OS. In France we call it “lying by ommiting” Denon merch. services just forgot to say clearly on the front pages that NO, traktor integration or beatport integration are not achieved. It s like selling a car with 2 wheels saying it s 4WD… I just lost hundreds of hours of work. That’s a lot.

It’s not really is it. that’s a ridiculous comparison to make.

Sorry I call it buying without researching. If you buy something without knowing/reading about its features, well that’s your fault :+1::v:

1 Like

Yeah, especially with the massive wealth of info that is out there.

There are a great many other things it doesn’t do either. Should they all be listed? :man_shrugging:

Warning, this unit does not make coffee. This unit is not a banana. This unit cannot be used as footwear. May contain nuts… You’d need a very big box to list everything.

It’s easy for one to assume it would work. I don’t remember reading anything in the announcement that locker does not work.

Even Traktor the late comer to the streaming party has the locker feature.

1 Like

Most of the reviews of Engine powered gear online allude to it though iirc.

Denon (in)famously said in 2019 when streaming first came to the Primes, that: “both Beatport LINK and Beatsource LINK will have offline storage”

PDF here:

I feel like Diana Ross right now.