Beatport Link / Beatport DJ App

Hello All,

Recently joined the forums to get some answers after never ending google searches and having no prevail of getting the answers im in search for. I hope this community can help :smile:

I recently bought a denon Prime 2 and a beatport link subscription and for a while now ive been in desperate need to setup cue points more quickly. However beatport recently released their own DJ browser app. Ive been playing around with it and have been setting up cue points / loops etc. In my belief i thought this would save them to my playlists to use on my prime 2. After long hours of setting up and booting it up for the final resultsā€¦i didnt suceed :weary:

Am iā€™m doing something wrong? am i supose to sync this somehow or was my method wrong entirely and only works through the app? doing all this is time consuming doing through the prime 2 itself and although i have fast internet connection, it takes time to load every track. Im hoping many of you out there have some sort of similar problem thast your facing or have resolved it. i donā€™t fancy buying any more subscritions or software unless its free to use :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Welcome to the forum!

I donā€™t think that the cue points you created will work with your prime 2. Have you read about it, what software can read the cue points?

If you have a decent internet speed a song should load within 3-5 seconds. Thatā€™s on my end for tidal / Beatsource. Connect the prime 2 with a wire to the internet as WiFi is often much slower.

Their dj web app is actually a skinned version of a third party web application.

I keep an SD card in one of my players labeled streaming, so my cues and everything remained saved to the library on there.

2 Likes

So another words I kinda wasted a lot of time using it :sleepy: They really need to implement it to sync with playlists as the app was meant for organising your playlists etc. Maybe they will eventually make this change. I havenā€™t quite looked into other means of software as a lot of stuff out there are subscription based, which means more money :slightly_frowning_face:

I use a USB to save my cue points while using my prime 2ā€™s but I find it a bit more fiddly to use on the go while mixing, as I Donā€™t have the space in my home and have young children I donā€™t get much time to use them so pulling them out all the time to setup cue points can be awkward that way. Using my laptop is my only means and is a lot more efficient. Will definitely try and use wired connection though as it can take a little time to buffer and setup.

Unfortunately 2 different softwares are not coded the same to work even tho they do the same thing.

Its like trying to start a BMW with a Mercedes key. Both have the same function yet they donā€™t understand each other.

How I see beatport link app is a great tool for crate digging and playlist making. Yes it can be used as a working DJ app but within its own world.

Only playlists are available to see in other software.

Your dj software has never seen that new track and will want to do what it needs to understand it and place grids and hotcues etc.

Beatport link app was not partnered with Denon nor anyone else in development. Thus using new code.

Maybe one day it will all be under one roof ā€¦but when that happens there will be no choices to be made. We all love a choice than be flatout told.

Yeah i get you Ravin, Really starting to frustrate me now. I even tried using rekordbox to organise it all but as you saidā€¦ive exported the edited playlists onto USB but still no prevail as the playlists show up with nothing in them. You would think engine prime software would allow me to do this which was my first move, but the only playlists or collections i can bring up are those already owned on USB and not on beatport streaming. Honestly, either im missing something and its staring me in the face or theres just nothing i can do and juast give up with beatport entirly and start all over again somewhere else :weary:

You canā€™t use prime or rekordbox to organise streaming service tracks. Just allows you to use local ones you own on your harddrive.

If you want to have cue points from beatport put an SD card in and keep all data on that.

I donā€™t have a prime 2 or 4 but the way I use the sc6000 is to turn it on and select my SD first, then jump over to beatport and open a playlist or search for a track.

Then once the track is downloaded key in your hotcues with beat jump to assist. The data saves to the SD card selected when I turned on the device.

Next time play that track from beatport itā€™s data is pulled up showing waveform grid and hotcues.

Its the only way and will be the only way from any streaming site.

We are renting the tracks.

1 Like

For me anyway your explanation is really helpful as I didnā€™t realize that cue points on Beatport were saved to an SD. Thought they were only there while my Prime 2 was turned on and lost when turned off. Going to try that thanks. What would be really useful in that case and donā€™t see why it couldnā€™t be done, is to allow logging in to the same streaming services in Engine Prime on the laptop, and saving to the SD connected to that. Then use that SD card on the Prime 2 with the cue point data.

the unit should give you a warning if you select stream service without SD/USB Drive/SSD selected. does it not?

Ive been saving the cue points manaually through the decks from the start, just ashame i have to keep bringing them out of storage to do it due to space in the house. One day iā€™ll have my man cave when i finally get my own house and build oneā€¦be a while waiting for that :sweat_smile: Maybe they will implement it into prime software but not holding my breathe on that. latest news on streaming services is affecting artists pretty hard and they get such a small portion of every stream made while record labels steal the majority of it, which is pretty unfair in my opinion. Wish i started djā€™ing years ago and bought my music as i would of have a decent collection by now. As for the warning on streaming with the saved Cue points, you do get this if no USB or other external device is connected.

Yes Iā€™ve seen that warning but didnā€™t understand what it meant. I do now. Thanks.

Good news. I emailed beatport a few days ago regarding there DJ app and they said itā€™s not possible at the moment but they did say its on there agenda for next yearā€¦have to wait a little while but the cards are on the table :grin::crossed_fingers:

Itā€™s not a ā€œgood thingā€ imo, thereā€™s too much ā€œunder-the-hoodā€ assistance for my liking. Probably 1 in 30 tracks, at least, seem to be ever so slightly ā€œwarpedā€ to harmonically blend. The only real use i have for it is Playlisting for later TID Charts & Buy Links, cos my Traktor Pro Dj 3 software has a fatal flaw in that it just loses the History & Prep folders the moment I exit the program. I am using Link more for quick clerical work than actually mixing. Plus BPDJ claims to work with Traktor Kontrol Series but my S3 wonā€™t map. My M23 Komplete will, so i can use its 8 encoders forā€¦ some stuff. :man_shrugging:t2: The Party Mode could have been awesome if it was somehow integrated with a Social Platform for a period or something to make it possible for Listeners to listen on mobile app or browser, the fact it requires a PC & an accounts makes it too much work for someone wanting a vibe NOW.