Beat-link to Ableton Live via Ableton Link or MIDI Clock?

not to be a buzzkill to myself, but a while back Denon DJ themselves produced a video showing the possibility and effectiveness of Ableton Link for djing using a Force and a sc5000 synced together via AL (though the sc5000 was in HID mode using Serato’s Ableton Link capabilities) . that video can be produced easily via here: AKAI Force + Denon DJ Prime promo video

It would be best if denon keeps things in house when it comes to syncing.

Abelton link = midi sync to me when it comes to performance and they both work good but they are far from magical and game changing. Abelton link over Ethernet is probably the way to go but it’s not only denon that needs to commit to this as most external gear still comes with midi and no Ethernet port.

But the question does come to mind is that what could be done with Ableton link now vs what can be done without it?

1 Like

I was actually hoping Denon would implement Ableton Link via Ethernet & the built-in WiFi.

2 Likes

Would be really awesome to sync Denon Prime Go with the Akai MPC One. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They did in the meantime.

Should work since MPC one has Ableton link as well.

Haha, that comment was made nearly 2 years ago. Indeed, Ableton Link is the coolest feature Denon has ever added to the ecosystem.

2 Likes

Oh sorry, I didnt realise, thought it was a younger post somehow.

1 Like