Battery Size of Mixstream Pro Go

Does anyone have the exact Watt-Hours of battery in the Mixstream Pro Go? I have a feeling it’s above the (super low) 2.7 Wh limit of checked baggage. Though it may count as a “personal electronic”, hard to say.

I’ve flown with it as a carry-on before, but it’s far above the dimensions. I put it at my feet in a case and threw a jacket over it. Prime Go hasn’t been a problem in the past either because it’s small enough to actually fit in a carry-on.

Honestly bro, the airlines typically aren’t sticklers for that carry on thing. As long as you can fit it in front of/under your seat, without bothering other passengers you’re good. There’s a reason why you’ve been able to fly with it as carry on without any issues up to this point. I wouldn’t “check” it thought because baggage handlers can be thieves and your ish can come up “lost”. They have a high turnover rate and it would be nothing for a guy to see your joint and lift it, then quit that day. A lot of them have nothing to lose you know what I mean? Anyway good luck…

I’m with you, but I’m starting to need to bring two of them for redundancy, I don’t think I can get away with two on me.

Baggage handler wise, fair point but my credit card insures for that. I’ve checked soundboks’s often enough with no issues.

I see. Maybe consider getting an iPad and subscribing to Algoriddim DJay Pro AI. With the right cables/adapters, you can connect to a sound system and perform a DJ set competently if something were to happen to your Mixstream Pro Go. The iPad would be a lot smaller to tote around and you still get access to all the streaming services, and you can have your local music as well if you really want it on there. Just something to consider. Good luck with whatever you go for. I’m not sure of the size of the Pro Go battery… sorry I can’t answer that, but I think people have checked their MPC Live 2s which I’d guess has a similar type battery. You should be fine, but maybe wait for more input on the thread to see if anyone else has done it. I’d also post in the r/DJs reddit forum.

I tried to find the battery capacity recently as well, and I couldn’t track down any information about it unfortunately.

Not to change the subject of the thread, but how are you checking your Soundboks? I’m also interested in doing this, but I haven’t found a soft or hard case or bag that I like for my Soundboks Gen 3.

Sorry to be so late on this. I just actually just use a large soft canvas bag that I bought from one of those luggage wrap companies (look at the $40 for miami) in desparation. Just protects the grill from being scratched, the giant rubber corners seem to do fine protecting against the baggage handlers throwing it or anything.

I had to move my Prime Go from the hold to carry on with Air Canada. British Airways were okay with it being in the hold as long as it couldn’t turn itself on.

Here is the specs for the Prime Go battery. I’m not sure if it’s the same battery used for the Mixstream Pro Go.

Yeah, I’m fairly sure the mixstream go is a bigger battery. It seems to run a couple hours longer with the built in speakers off, so I’m betting they were accounting for those being run on battery.

I’m seeing now even the prime go battery is over that small limit. But to your point it looks like there’s an exception for “personal electronics” as long as they can’t turn themselves on in the baggage hold for the US TSA as well! Alright! Gonna run it and see what happens, thanks!

1 Like

I can’t be 100% sure but this could be the Numark one:

1 Like

Appreciate that. That’s actually wild that it’s claiming to be the same capacity! The mixstream go for sure lasts almost twice as long as my prime go (when not using the speakers). I wonder if they found a way to make the processor in the numark more efficient? Or if the booth output actually adds to the power draw on the denon? Doesn’t make a ton of sense to me at all.

I’m not too sure. That could be for a different Numark model but it does point to only a few Numark models that do run off battery and that have similar specs.

It would be interesting to find out.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.