Bad electronic smell

Hi, one of my 3 sc6000’s startend to smell bad. Only 3 months old. A distinctive burned electronic smell. Sofar no defects detected yet, but doesnt smelll reassuring. Anyone with same symptoms here? Or is it something being new/wears off… what to do?

Any advice is welcome…

Greetings

Have you left it switched on under one of those plastic greenhouse decksavers, or added one of those tacky vinyl skin coverings?

Hi, no addition, no desksavers, not build into case or booth. Standing freely with 1 cm (1/4 inch) from each other.

What happens if you pull the power plug during operation? Does it perform the ~10sec safetey-shutdown?

Hi after pulling the power the player remains playing for a few seconds. Exactly the same times as the other 2 sc6000’s I have. Thank you for the suggestion, the powerthing works as it should be i guess. Sofor I did not notice any defects….

1 Like

Not long after I purchased my Prime4+ last August 2023, I also kept noticing an odd electronic smell coming from the unit. At the time, I did leave some of the new plastic protectors around the top areas of microphone knobs,USB areas and around the center of the platter wheels. When I removed it all, I did not immediately notice any change. However it eventually went away. I did not have any electronic problems with the unit at any time.

I believe I was running engine 3.1 at the time. Then I downloaded and ran the Stems Beta version for a few months. I don’t recall noticing the smell at this time. Now since running version 3.3, and using the unit every day, and leaving it on for several hours, sometimes without touching it, I have not had any electronic issues or smells thankfully. Right now I’m awaiting the next update.

My SC Live 4 has a distinct electronics smell to it also and come to think of it, it’s only really something I’ve noticed since getting a Decksaver. Is this a common issue? Obviously I don’t have the Decksaver on while the unit is powered on but I must admit it never really occurred to me that I should probably let the unit cool down/rest for a while before putting the Decksaver back on. Which I guess is pretty obvious in hindsight :grimacing: