Backup Prime 4 to Engine Desktop via Wireless

Hello all,

Loving the new 3.0 update. Thanks!

I purchased my P4 second hand and could never get the hard drive, in the P4, to communicate with the desktop software. I can, however, remove the drive and connect directly to the PC and work that way. Not an ideal workaround.

So I’m wondering since the new update, if I can export my data and backup from the P4 wirelessly to the desktop and vice Versa. This would eliminate the need to remove the hard drive from the P4 to keep my P4 and desktop in sync.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

This limitation has not yet been resolved with this update.

The solution is this: vote on this request

1 Like

When you say it won’t connect, are you able to put the device in computer mode with the high speed USB cable attached? have you got the correct cable? its like a USB-B cable with an extension on.

The cable is correct. I’ve tried 2 different cables, 2 different hard drives. The P4 will enter computer mode but the pc does not see it. I went back and forth with Denon but the problem was never solved. I assumed it was a problem with the device and resolved to using the workaround I mentioned.

1 Like

I ve had the same problem I then realized the it was the usb port on my computer that didn’t work well I used a different port and solved

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give it a try and let you know how it goes.