Awkward CUE button behavior

I noticed that if I’m loading tracks with higher BPM’s (techno/Drum&Bass), and queueing up a second track while the first is playing, the CUE button doesn’t want to cue up every push I do, which is super weird. It feels like it’s laggy and misses about 3 hits our of 4. I wonder if it’s because the waveforms are faster and the device (Prime2) can’t handle the amount of screen interactivity? This is with the horizontal waveforms enabled. I’ve seen it before when I had the waveforms in a vertica manner, but haven’t tested that scenario.

Switch quantize off

1 Like

I’ll give that a go. I see your point. When I do house music, I usually push the CUE button with the beat, but techno and DnB, I’m crazy with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quantizing doesn’t work with the big CUE button: it’s always quantizing free. That’s not your problem.

Update: I noticed this is a reoccurring behavior when I sync the Prime2 to my desktop and export new tracks onto it. Two issues happen:

1. Most of the buttons don’t light up until you press them once (whole controller is dark until you push each button to light it up)
  2. queue button functions with issue mentioned in the post

Anyone else seeing similar behavior?