Automix workarounds on Prime GO

Gents be nice and respectful.

The forum is for discussions, so expect that everyone may have his/hers own opinion on a subject.

I won’t agree to flags to nag one another.

Not everyone has to agree… And I understand that… Folks do want this request… Not just me… There are plenty of request i could care less for… But i don’t go against the poster… I have nothing against you guys…

Me too, I don’t care who likes what - what annoys me is constant bragging about some of the requests and complaining that “…if this will not happen in next update I am quitting this gear, I go somewhere else, how come this is not done yet and bla bla bla…” “It needs auto this, it needs auto that…” This type of comments are getting slowly boring… I asked once or twice on this forum for some features. And I did it politely and in a calm manner. And…? They did it… took some time, but my request of an update was done… That things need patience and understanding. How great is to see everyday the same old story from unhappy toddler yelling “I want this, I want it now!” And when it goes further with “auto gain, auto mix, auto sync, auto… come on…

I am daily on the forum for at least 6 to 10 hours. I read almost everything… I see what and how people talk… mostly loud are the unhappy fresh users, that didn’t got what was not even there in the first place…

1 Like

Auto mix for background music? I’ve been doing this since 1996 and no one really cares about a few seconds gap, especially as people are usually talking etc, it’s all about the time when the party/dancing begins. Just my opinion…you can’t expect this unit to carry every single feature in the world, just not feasible. There are more important things like VU channel Meters which I really feel are needed but automix? Nah…

Also I see a lot of comment people complaining it hasn’t got this that and the other and are unhappy. Do people not research the features before they buy anymore? Guess not.

Oh, so you researched VU channel meters before buying, deciding that not having them wasn’t a deal-breaker? If so, then why are you complaining about not having them?

Maybe automix isn’t important to you, but it is important to a lot of other users.

And PS, I’ve been doing this longer than you have, and people do notice and care. More so during dinner than cocktail hour.

Yes I did research the VU meters but it wasn’t a deal breaker for me as my ears work quite well but I can understand why others would want it and why if any updates should happen, this should be one.

Nice to know you’ve been doing this longer than me…what’s your point? Before covid I was doing 4-6 private functions, weddings, birthdays etc a week so don’t really get your point and I too have done cocktail hours and played background music while people eat and no it’s not a big deal at all if there’s a few seconds in between a song. Stick your phone in the aux if it’s that much of an issue, lots of apps that fade tracks in and out.

Actually thinking about it if you were DJing longer than me then what were you doing for automix in the 80s? There was no automix lol just 2 turntables and a mixer…

I kick ass when the party gets underway so people notice that rather than background music while they eat and take a break to visit the toilets. But hey each to their own. I wouldn’t want to step on anyone’s toes just sharing my opinion on auto mix but if it’s something you can’t live without then there are workarounds until or if this feature becomes available.

I suppose my point is the same as yours when you said you’ve been doing this since 1996. Success in the industry for a long time equates to a level of credibility. My customers like the continuous flow of music during the times when I use automix; prelude music, cocktail hour, and dinner. I’ve had customers tell me of subsequent events they attended with other DJs, and they noticed the gap between songs. You may think no one notices, but I know they do.

I also kick ass when the dancing part of the wedding starts, but I’ve also invested in setting a mood and an expectation.

And your closing statement is interesting; “there are workarounds until or if this feature becomes available.” That was exactly what I asked for in the original post–a workaround. Instead of challenging whether or not the workaround is “needed” one could either offer one, or keep scrolling.

I get your point and apologies if I came across a little ignorant with regards to your opinion on automix - we all have our own take on what’s important when we perform.

Another thing you could do is record a session in your spare time to a usb stick which you can actually do within the the prime go unit of background songs faded in and out back to back and you could play that. Just another workaround. :+1:

No apologies needed, it’s all good. I do have a few pre-mixed sessions, but I like to customize my cocktail and dinner music based on the other selections the couple has made.

I totally agree with this proposal, I am also a wedding DJ, and I have the first 4, and I have acquired the Go for the same function that you mention, ceremonies and appetizers, as I have read in the comments, the DJs are not satisfied With this function that you request, and they do not understand, a club dj is not the same as a ceremony dj, and the streaming function is ideal and works perfect with the type of event we carry out.

As for the auto mix function in the aperitif or ceremony, it is not that we are not doing our work as a dj, simply that at that moment we do not have the need to please everyone with our mixes, or it is simply ambient music, and It does not need to be the music that will play during the event, it can be a totally different style of music than the one contracted for the party, and it is not necessary to be mixing at that time.

Expressed in another way, I don’t see any of those who are detracting from this function for 2 hours mixing JAZZ music, or SOUL, etc, which I think none of us have in our music library.

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo con esta propuesta, tambien soy Dj de bodas, y tengo la prime 4, y l he adquirido la Go para la misma funcion que tu mencionas, ceremonias y aperitivos, como bien he leido en los comentarios, lo djs no estan conforme con esta funcion que solicitas, y no entienden, un dj de club, no es igual que un dj de ceremonias, y la funcion streaming es ideal y funciona perfecta con el tipo de evento que realizamos.

En cuanto a la funcion auto mix en el aperitivo o ceremonia, no es que no estemos realizando nuestro trabajo como dj, simplente que en ese momento no tenemos la necesidad de agradar a todo el mundo con nuestras mezclas, o simplemete es musica ambiente, y no se necesita que sea la musica que va asonar durante el evento, pueden ser otro estilo de musica totalmente diferente al que esta contratado para la fiesta, y no se necesita de estar realizando mezclas en ese momento.

Expresado de otra manera, no veo a ninguno de los que estas desmereciendo esta funcion durante 2 horas mezclando musica JAZZ, o SOUL, etc, la cual creo que ninguno tenemos en nuestra biblioteca musical.

3 Likes

You might have better luck posting in English.

Es posible que tengas más suerte publicando en inglés.

I actually understand what some members are saying here. We are not all club dj’s. I do a lot of private parties, some for friends and some not and while I am expected to play an interesting set I get most of the time involved in chatting with the guests, this maybe during a break for example or just because my set is finished but I am invited to stay and enjoy the party. At that point the automix function becomes very useful. I can still play a selected playlist but relax into the party. This is by all means not a vital function but it can be very useful at times and for certain types of DJs especially using this portable unit. At the moment my workaround is that I use my iPad plugged in to AUX with the DJay pro app. The automix function its pretty good and there is also Beatport Link with the off line Locker.

2 Likes

The Perfect automix… Just make your own mixtapes. The GO has a recording option.

If you don’t want yo make your own… On the internet you can find more mixtapes than you can listen in a lifetime.

A simple eq on the mic would be great.