Automix workarounds on Prime GO

PORQUE SIEMPRE HAY ESTOS TIPOS RESPONDIENDO COSAS FUERA DE LUGAR… SI NO SABES NO RESPONDAS CON MALA INTENCION… Y LISTO.

porque tanto odio en las respuestas ?

Nothing wrong with a second or so gap between tracks for cocktail hour, buffet break etc - we care about every microsecond of the music, they don’t give 1.5 hoots

1 Like

ive been on the fence about the prime go for my wedding ceremonies & i get 200% exactly what (ajb59) is saying :slight_smile: its how i came across this post. im 100% an wedding dj and use VDJ automix during ceremony, cocktail, dinner hour. was trying to see if the engine prime software had automix ? but now i see it don’t. bummer :frowning: i see all yall attacking “ajb59” ? its just way easier to load up my cocktail hour music and let automix / auto fade into the next songs… wanted the same thing on prime go b4 i bought it so now my search will continue because the whole point of the standalone is to ditch the laptop

I have a great workaround solution… It’s called writing in a few lines of code to give all of us LOYAL Denon supporters a “true” Continuous Mode… One that has a drop down menu with adjustable auto fade in / out timings and fader blending options… The key word here is “Continuous” but it has been nothing but that as it adds an awful pause between tracks… I respectfully ask Denon to please consider adding this into the next firmware… This should not be beyond the units software limitations. Thank you.

1 Like

There’s all sorts of ways of avoiding silence between tracks, from a firmware point of view.

There’s the totally unintelligent “start the next track playing, when the current track has x seconds left” which is ok, except that some tracks have 10 or more seconds of silence at the end.

Another way is … when the track drops below a certain level, start the next track. But some tracks have a level drop or a silent moment mid-track , which could fool such a system into starting the next track prematurely. Maybe this method should only start looking for a level drop in the last xx seconds of a track.

At this level of gear (Prime) I don’t think an actual BPM linked and synced and phrased Robby Robot auto mix etc is really what pro DJs need, just “avoid silence when playing background music / cocktail hour

I absolutely agree with you… This request is very “doable” with firmware… It will be a great option to have and for those who don’t care about it they should not have to worry about having it or not… I can understand the hardware limitations for adding a mic / aux eq request… Thanks to a Denon rep replying I realize that is now dead… But the Continuous Mode should be tweaked to be Continuous to also keep the music flowing and the pause left for those who prefer that. There is no reason why everyone can’t be happy.

Thanks for the comment and totally agree that in the next firmware update Denon adds automix or fade in/out or even just continuous song to their prime go. Very handy thing to have

2 Likes

Yes, lets all push for this requested feature to be added across the entire Prime line for software v1.7… It’s long overdue.

1 Like

i 200% agree

1 Like

Instead of fighting, its a 2 line of code for the developers, and its a usefull feature support it. A slide in the prefferences automix: and you can set the dBs when it drops the song

1 Like

I’d love to see you write that in 2 lines of code… I’d advise against commenting on code complexity, you’ll only make a fool out of yourself - there are real software developers on here.

3 Likes

Automix, auto gain, auto coffee, auto… (you name it) too? Come on! Don’t be lazy. Buying a dj gear to dj for You has no sense…

Clearly you disagree with the request. There is no need to be an ass about it.

1 Like

Well, I see all the bragging about all auto things how much they are essential for so many people… This looks like pure laziness.

And then, mixes still can’t sound good from those complaining “djs”

1 Like

You can put quotation marks around DJs all you want. Here’s the deal. I am a busy wedding DJ at the top of my market, and I work as often as I want. For years, I have used AutoMix during cocktail hour and dinner, to allow me to work the room, coordinate with other vendors, talk to couples and their guests, and many other things without worrying about standing at my table live mixing cocktail and dinner music. I get many compliments about my music selections during cocktails and dinner. There is nothing at all lazy about it. This is a feature that many others are interested in as well, and I bet for the same reason as me. So stop whining and criticizing. If you don’t like the idea, scroll on by.

1 Like

I don’t hate the dj’s, no offense here against people. I hate the continuous complaining about how bad it is that there is no auto mix, auto gain, auto light shows… People are getting lazy and complain a lot about features, that were never there when they bought the products. It’s like You buy a something, just because it will maybe have a nice feature some day, and then complain that doesn’t have it yet… And yes, the laziness of people…

3 Likes

Well said Ajb59… I completely agree with you… All valid points… I doubt one pesons negativity is going to prevent this most requested feature from happening across the entire Prime series.

You’re only deluding yourself there…

Nobody is negative here… and please, do a research before You call minority a majority :wink: