Automating a CUE point

Silly question alert………is there any way I can set 2 cue points when the track hits the first one then it instantly moves to the 2nd one later in the track automatically?

1 Like

no

flip aint a feature

https://community.enginedj.com/c/feature-requests/new-open-requests/267

you can start a feature request

1 Like

This is a great idea, loads of times i get a tune that has a boring area just after the first drop and i have to put in a cue to manually hop over this part but this can be a problem as you have to remeber what that cue was for. Much better to have it automated. The only proper way to do it is to open Ableton and edit it out that way.

Also it’s a problem is you want to do a bass swap at the same time. It would free up my hands.

It would be a good request. But here is the thing: if you are planning on doing the same thing when you play a specific track (and this seems to be that case), then it’s worth just making an edit of the track in DAW.

Way back I used this one track that had a long breakdown in the middle that killed the energy on the dancefloor just a bit too much. So my solution was to grab a loop from the intro and keep it playing during the breakdown. Then after you do it a x times, mess it up sometimes or often, you realize the best thing is edit the track and make your DJ copy of it.

Ive just done that myself with a couple of tracks in Logic… one was an old Disco record that has horrible cheesy robot voices in the middle, so i spliced it and rejoined to create an edit without them… the other a Leon Bridges track i wanted to extend for mixing in and out of, both were pretty easy to do and both work quite well.

Good point, I should have thought of that as I do have Ableton

1 Like

Yup, agreed. If you are doing this consistently with a track creating your own edits is great. I have a few tracks that I have moved whole sections around just to mix things up.

Nothing wrong with having the original version kicking around too.

Also the more you play with things like Ableton the more confident you will get it and start messing around with your own bootlegs and mashups.