Automatically generate cuesheet (playlist) during recording/streaming

Hello there, I’m using 2 SC6000M connected to a X1850 and running them via multiple USB sticks and an internal SSD. I usually prepare a set and record or stream it to multiple platforms. Currently I write a short textfile what track has been played at what time of the recording to create a cuesheet. I was wondering if there is some possibility to automate this, since the player knows what track I loaded and when I start playing. Do you have some kind of software I can run, to have an automated track list?

1 Like

You can export the history to a .csv file, I believe it has timestamps, but don’t know if it is enough for you!

IMHO I would run Now Playing 2 (even the free version), it generates a playlist text file of the songs and the locations that you can probably use.

2 Likes

I will check this out, thanks for the idea :).

Last time I checked the CSV export did not have ”played at time” column and you can’t select output columns so it is pretty much useless. BUT - the history is kept in SQLite database and you can run a query on that to get actual cuesheet. If anyone is interested in SQL script I have created for the purpose I can dig it up when I’ll be back at my computer.

2 Likes

Nice!!! That’s nice. SQL power :pinched_fingers:

So. To fulfill a promise :slight_smile:

You can use the Engine Desktop to navigate to the memory stick that you used in your session and export history to CSV but it is really useless because you can’t select export columns and the column list is:

#,Title,Artist,Album,Length,BPM,Genre,Label,Composer,Remixer,Year,File name

so as you can see there is no “Start Time” column and nobody knows WHEN the track was played.

Luckily you can access the database directly too. Locate a file on your memory stick

\Engine Library\Database2\hm.db

and make a local copy of it. NEVER operate on actual live database!!!

I use DB Browser for SQLite to run queries on the database. My query to run on hm.db looks like this

select listid History_ID
,(select datetime("startTime", 'unixepoch', 'localtime') from Historylist where id=HistorylistEntity.listId) History_time
, datetime("startTime", 'unixepoch', 'localtime') Track_time
,(select artist from track where id=HistorylistEntity.trackId) Artist
,(select title from track where id=HistorylistEntity.trackId) Track
,time(starttime-(select min(starttime)  from HistorylistEntity e2 where e2.listId=HistorylistEntity.listId), 'unixepoch') Track_start
,(select artist from track where id=HistorylistEntity.trackId) 
|| ' - ' 
|| (select title from track where id=HistorylistEntity.trackId) 
|| char(9) 
|| time(starttime-(select min(starttime)  from HistorylistEntity e2 where e2.listId=HistorylistEntity.listId), 'unixepoch')
SetlistEntry
from HistorylistEntity

and it generates cuesheets by session with relative times. Last column of the output is most useful, pretty standard format and can be pasted to mixcloud for example. Like this:

Noizu - Vogue (Extended Mix)	00:00:00
Major Lazer & James Hype - Number 1 (Extended Mix)	00:02:10
Aluna & Chris Lake - More Baby (VIP) (Extended Mix)	00:03:58

Glad if anyone finds this sorcery helpful :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Now Playing is a good option for timestamp among many other things. I was a beta tester prior to version 1 and here’s a sample from the history file…

2022-12-12 07:20.31 pm: Soul Connection (Original Mix) - Silver Panda [Panda Lab Records]

2022-12-12 07:25.22 pm: The Years (Original Mix) - Octabar [Deepsessions Digital]

2022-12-12 07:31.44 pm: Trust Your Voice (Original Mix) - JP Lantieri [UNRELEASED]

This is brilliant! Never suspected there was a DB on my memory stick. Gonna have a bit more of a poke around (ON A BACKUP!) and see what I can find. Thanks!

1 Like

This works great… I wish there is a new feature that one can be able to export this query to a txt to just copy and paste… For instance if you record a mix, there is a check box to let you choose if you want to also export the playlist, and place this as a TXT file to just copy and paste where you need it.

1 Like

This is awesome! I made a tool to convert the json export to cue file but it doesn’t include the timestamps so it’s not as useful but here’s the link to that if you just need the artist and titles quickly. https://convert.tiiny.site/

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.