Attention ! Pioneer promises heavy lol

Just getting around to your post, I holiday in the south of France every year, this year I noticed two DJ’s using Denon Prime 4’s at different locations, so there is a market in France for the products.

Today something hit me about the Bluetooth buffer feature of the Omnis Duo. Are you even able to mix from Bluetooth to Bluetooth with only one phone? Wouldn’t you have to buffer 30 seconds out, switch channels, change songs on your phone, let it buffer, then mix? Is there even enough time for all that?

If this feature is a stopgap for lack of streaming, as some people have suggested, I think it totally fails. :nerd_face:

Where’d you get the idea of mixing from Bluetooth to Bluetooth? It’s just a way of playing a track from (e.g.) a phone and incorporating it into your performance.

I’ve heard the feature referred to as a stopgap for the lack of streaming. If you can’t use Bluetooth for both channels at the same time (obviously this isn’t feasible) it’s not a replacement for streaming at all. Like you said

It’s just a way of playing a track from (e.g.) a phone and incorporating it into your performance

I’m just surprised that pioneer would release a wireless DJ all in one without streaming is all.

It can be used as a stopgap. Use of streaming services doesn’t necessarily mean doing so for every track. It could (should?) just be for one requested track that you don’t have on your drive.

I’ve seen plenty of comments from experienced DJs telling the noobs not to rely totally on streaming.

Have Pioneer released ANY standalone hardware with streaming integrated? I think not. They only recently added Beatport to the CDJ-3000 and I think that’s it.

They’ve officially gone nuts :rofl:

3 Likes

You know, I wanted to dismiss this outright, but, it’s pretty dope when you get down to it…

1 Like

So I can tell a bit about this mixer, as I had the opportunity to play on it recently. It sounds very good, surprisingly good and warm for a Pio mixer. Built quality is OK, you could get picky on some very minor knob wobble on the sends and EQ, but it’s not as noticeable to make a fuzz about it. Screen is pleasant to look at and gives all needed information. Send return however… It has a delay, even when going thru an analog pedal. I heard, that this will be fixed in an update… Something went wrong here. Overall - nice feeling mixer. Knobs are not as cool as mojax says. They perform like any other rotary mixer. I didn’t notice any change in resistance when using different speeds of rotation.

2 Likes

I honestly think its cool that they are actually releasing something that is more interesting than those drab 4 channel/see how much crap we can put on a mixer products.

Its also great that diehard Pioneer fanboys are crying about it because it doesn’t comply with the aforementioned drab mixer.

It would have been next level if they could have somehow split digital and analogue signal paths so you could go full analogue with vinyl, then switch over to digital for DVS.

Absolutely! That would have been dope.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/DJSetups/s/MFjkAjjuma

Which one of youse

4 Likes

Not me:) im digging it though.

Very intrigued by the Euphonia for all kinds of various reasons and would buy one in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for one very glaring omission; full-kill EQs/isolators on each channel. The fact that feature is missing for some unknown reason is unfortunately a dealbreaker as it’s just much too important for my personal mixing style/preference, and I imagine it is as well for any other DJ who wants the ability to perform certain kinds of track layering and programming that otherwise isn’t really possible with regular EQs that merely attenuate frequency bands. Plenty other mixers have this feature, including my Rane MP-2015 and custom Condesa Carmen V, and have grown to rely on it so much for pulling off certain blends that it now feels much too restrictive on other mixers without it. For example; One the biggest reasons I rely on isolators per channel when layering is the ability to completely eliminate any bass line(s) that may be competing with bass line of layered track. Essentially using channel isolators like the STEMS feature found on several platforms. I’ll often borrow or ride a bass line over other tracks for quite bit of time to completely change another track’s feel/energy, and if there’s any hint of bass lines competing, we all know how that sounds; a yucky mess. Without channel isolators I’m somewhat restricted in my programming, and me no likey that. Anyway, with any luck, AlphaTheta will introduce a successor to the first gen Euphonia at some point in the future that will address this, even if it’s user selectable like it is on their Pioneer-branded DJM-250MK2, DJM-450, DJM-750MK2, DJM-900NXS, DJM-900NXS2, DJM-A9, or DJM-V10/DJM-V10-LF (which is full-time isolation on bass band only).

Have you actually experimented with a -26db mixer to see the difference? As someone who used to own a couple of mixers that only went down that far, we were doing that layering of tracks with no issues back then. I think you’re overplaying how it actually is in real terms, there’s hardly any difference between the two, certainly not enough to write off a whole purchase.

This random dude on Youtube seems to be enjoying the Euphonia :slight_smile:

Yep, countless times, for decades now, both in studio and in the field. That’s how I know the difference between EQs that merely attenuate frequencies vs isolators that completely remove them, and what you can/can’t do with each types. I’m not saying I can’t use mixers with EQs, because I do, quite a bit actually. What I am saying is that they don’t allow for the same level of creative freedom isolators do. That’s all, and I’m primarily referring to the bass region here, not so much mid and high because it’s competing bass lines that are the real issue to deal with. I just have to adjust my programming when using mixers with EQs, whereas with isolators I can program however I want. I’m not overplaying this at all either as the differences can be enormous depending on whatever tracks are being layered, and the caliber of sound system being played on at the time because different sound system of course reveal different aspects of audio played through them. Granted, some tracks don’t exhibit the same challenges as others do due to their bass content, however plenty of bass line combinations simply do not play well together when there’s not enough removal of one of them, and they sound horrible when trying to force them. I also disagree that this missing feature isn’t enough to merit passing on the Euphonia, or any other mixer in this price range that doesn’t have channel isolators, for me anyway. If this was an inexpensive mixer, sure, no problem, but I’m not about to make a huge concession like that on a unit that cost $4K. If AlphaTheta ever introduces another updated version of the Euphonia that incorporates this feature, just like they do on plenty of their current Pioneer-branded mixers, I’ll gladly fork over the dough.

PS: Here’s the type of isolation I’ve grown accustomed to and require on any mixer I’m going to purchase with own money for self. >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jI_VEo0dU&list=PLpm-g0v3Nfanmu90NqeHh0KCnwQZOkWPn

I dunno, agree to disagree, i think its one of the most overblown ‘features’ that people complain about.

I get it. There’s all kinds of features others fret over that I couldn’t care less about as well. That’s the beauty of choices and the differences between DJs and how they program.

You already have a custom Carmen and an MP2015 but are jonesing for stuff on the Euphonia? Get an EFX-1000 and then head over to Big Noise MPC for their transformers.

https://www.ebay.com/str/bignoisempc

If you’re into faders, too, the X18xx mixers do isolators, and so do the X1700 & Mackie d.4.

Haha, yep. What can I say? I’m a gear whore lol. Love collecting all kinds of quality stuff, and the Euphonia has my attention too if/when they address a few things. Kudos to them for coming out with a strong first offering though. Looking forward to seeing what they may do in future.