Attention ! Pioneer promises heavy lol

Plus the DJM-2000 filter arrangement and settings sharing is stupid.

The price is my major issue, I was a DJ back when they essentially doubled prices overnight in the late 2000s. The CDJ1000mk3 was the last reasonably priced Pioneer item.

To put into context, a DJM-900 costs £800 more than a Mastersounds Radius 4 which is hand built to order in the U.K. by an absolute legend, from high end audio components.

2 Likes

This will always be an issue. People or venues will still pay, no matter the price.

I’m in the Apple iPhone ecosystem myself. Prices rise, I simply follow… Now, I do use an iPhone for more than 3 years, so that’s about €1 per day. However; It used to be €0,50 per day. :relieved:

1 Like

And let’s be honest Reese, an iPhone does far more and does it better than any pioneer DJ product:)

I’ll take that back actually because their Serato controllers and mixers have been epic. It’s their ‘club standard’ that is the rip off.

4 Likes

It was the global settings for the filters that ultimately made me send the V10 back, and return to my Xone:96. But, I had SC6000s back then, and now have 3000s for my main rig, so it’s possible that I could overlook that to have the quantized EFX, routing capabilities, and individual channel compressors that I felt were quite impressive!

I really hope this teaser is for the fabled A9 (successor to the NXS2), and that it adopts some of the better features of the V10, but in a smaller footprint. If nothing else than simply for the fact that I absolutely HATE playing on the NXS2, and it would be a welcomed change in the booths I typically find myself in.

PPD9000 has compressors, but the best way to do compressors or expanders is on the source digital gear that’s buffering the track:

Using special photoshop software I was able to de-blur the Pioneer Dj’s leaked image “Out of This World Landing Soon” 28 02 23.

*Here’s the before;

*Here’s the after… Looks like a four channel standalone with no screen, no effects, due to the chip shortage… lol

1 Like

This one looks promising:

1 Like

The DJM-Tour1 was pretty cool, but too expensive and I thought the screens were extraneous.

Yes (DJM-A9) looks good…

That MOBIUS effect is just so good! You can easily record it through Virtual Dj (for personal use) to be played back on any USB controller as a .mp3.

1 Like

Looks a bit like they have bolted on every single feature imaginable.

I personally prefer the relative simplicity of a rotary mixer with a good FX unit these days, but I’m sure it’ll have all the gear addicts frothing at the mouth.

1 Like

How may i ask did you get the effect as an MP3?

The channel faders on the picture of the new Pioneer mixer look really short.

1 Like

Sure…

My Sampler Record & FX lol Akaï - MPC One !

The effects section looks interesting. To select the source via buttons instead of a knob selector is better for external samplers and effectors.

2 Likes

“£1000 more than it should be”

Never a truer word spoken.

1 Like

Care to share that MP3? :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, without having seen the full specs, I don’t see much incentive to upgrade from the most recent DJM (900 if I’m not mistaken?).

And the value for money vs. an x1850 is just sad.

Crazy if this is what they define as “out of this world”.

2 Likes

I don’t think there will be only one new Pioneer Dj product!

On the other hand, they inflate me… because everything is on the same aesthetic and visual bases: location of the buttons, the caps are always the same, colors and screen printing, effect selector, the button for activating effect and many more… and that for more than ten years, they don’t take any risks.

Prices increase for 2/3 additions! Anyway … it is true that what has under the hood is improved, but the price is not justified! Other brands offer just as much and for less.