Artwork not displaying in Engine Prime 1.2.1

Most of my tracks are missing their Album Artwork in Engine Prime after being Analysed. The Artwork is visible in iTunes and Serato so is definitely in the MetaData. Does not seem to be a file type issue as I have .wav, .mp3 and .aif files that both show artwork and don’t. Running Mac OS10.13.5

Simon,

That’s odd. Can you try selecting the tracks with missing artwork (or all tracks), right clicking and selecting “Re-import track information.” That should re-import all metadata. Please let me know if that solved your issue.

Thanks,

Vince

Thanks AIRVince, that seems to have solved the problem for most of the tracks, for some tracks they seem to have lost their artwork completely after analysis in Engine Prime. The Artwork no longer shows up in iTunes Serato, Finder etc.

Simon,

Good you got it to import the artwork.

As for the remaining missing artwork - it is possible, but the actual analyzation process does not actually write to the files. You can confirm this by analyzing a track and then checking to see if the “date modified” field in the info updates or not.

If you keep this “date modified” field in mind when you go through your workflow - you may be able to find what step is removing the album artwork. If you can find this - please let us know so we can fix the issue (assuming Engine Prime is the culprit).

Thanks,

Vince

@AIRVince as this seems to be random and I haven’t had any new music to test I can’t say if the date modified changed when the tracks were analysed. I will test fully next time I import music and let you know.

1 Like

I found that creating a playlist on iTunes, call it "No album artwork folder ". You add artwork that way. (Search YouTube for that video) that should automatically add it to engine prime. BUT, IF THE SONG YOUR TRYING TO ADD ARTWORK TO IS ALREADY ON A TYPE OF COLLECTION ON ENGINE PRIME, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE TRACK FROM THE COLLECTION ON ENGINE PRIME, AND START THE COLLECTION OCER AND IT WILL POP UP WITH THE ARTWORK PLACED ON THE TRACK. You’re welcome.

1 Like

then I ask for your help! with engine prime the latest version, I had deleted the old library, after which I reanalyzed all the tracks and re-imported into the collection, so far so good, then I synchronized prime4 there are all the right covers and tags, then yesterday I added some new playlists on itunes and there are also the covers, then I opened engine prime I did the update of the itunes library, and strangely the covers are empty! even reanalyzing they do not appear, and even importing them into prime4 they are not there! I would not have to delete the engine folder again to create a new one, I have already done it once and if every time I add a new playlist I have to reanalyze everything, I am not happy!