Are the demo tracks on the media players YouTube safe

The title says it all. I want to make a video with my gear and was just wondering.

I would hope they would be and i would assume ‘they are’ providing they ‘are not’ used for financial gain.

Let me know when you post the video, or post a link to your YT channel :+1:t3:

I have to start a new YouTube channel first as my old one got jacked for copyright.

I want to make tutorials but I need material that’s safe to do so. I ask because I never saw anybody use those tracks on video yet.

I hope to hear if I can from the horse’s mouth so to speak.

We’ve licensed these tracks for demo content purposes. Whatever existing agreements and copyright that Cr2 records has for these tracks still apply to public performance, streaming, etc…

1 Like

So that would be a ‘no’ then? as they would be streamed.

It’s always good to ask first. I’ve been using GarageBand to create tracks for videos. I’m gonna need to make about 2 or 3 more.

Thnx @AIRVince for the heads up

I guess I didn’t actually give a yes or no. What I probably should have said is that I don’t know how the record company will choose to respond to streams. They could copyright strike or they could not - but it’s certainly a possibility.

I’m not streaming the tracks or making a dj set out of it. It’s more for tutorials like showing how to sync different gear together and other stuff like that. You need at least a track or two just to demo how all the gear works.

Hi, why not use royalty-free music? There are plenty of websites where you can download it in various styles.

You would give the link to your channel, it’s always nice to watch mixes on Denon Prime.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.