Apple Music exporting to SATA card in Prime 4 advice

Hi everyone, so I’ve read all the past posts on updating ITunes libraries to Prime 4 with a SATA fitted using the Engine DJ, I’m about one more try at updating and trying again before I get rid of my brand new! Denon Prime 4 and get my Pioneer back! Like most of you I’ve spent a fortune trying to move over to Denon, I can’t take this constant not working properly, trouble shooting. If anyone had a process that works for. Mac, to engine DJ to SATA then fire away. Everything is up to date in data, everything is working. It’s the final part of my collection shows 2100 songs! Then it never updates. Please :pray:t3: someone must have an idea of what’s wrong. Thanks in Advance.

iTunes is a defunct program, Apple Music is the new application they use. You’re better off getting rid of the whole ‘iTunes’ concept and organising your library how you want it to work, then you’re not reliant on software that has been pulled by the company who makes it.

As far as im aware iTunes sync is broken on all DJ software once you move to a certain Mac OS.

2 Likes

I think I need to change the word ITunes to Apple Music, I have stopped buying my music from Beatport and have used ITunes more. Looks like it was a waste of time, it must be time Apple got involved in the Controller Market to make this business of downloading music far easier, thanks for your time on this subject.

I wouldn’t say you need to be that extreme.

I use iTunes all the time for tracks I want but don’t want to pay full whack AIFF or whatever.

The process I do is remove them from the folder apple put them in, raname the file and tidy up the metadata then place into a folder I want it in. I sort my tracks by genre and keep separate folders in my music folder for each one. That way the only thing iTunes is doing is giving me a way of buying stuff for 99p a track.

2 Likes

I will try your method, got way too much invested in Apple to give up on them, what we really need is them to enter the controller market and really shake it up, I came across to Denon thinking here is the future! Then again I got my pants pulled down and took one for the team! I will see if anyone else has a method to sort this shot show out. :facepunch:t3::tornado::facepunch:t3: Thanks :pray:t3:

I also use the method STU-C mentions above and it works fine.

I move tracks out of Apple Music to a folder structure, use an app called File Rename and then Mixed In Key to sort out the naming and metadata then add them to Engine DJ and sync to the Prime.

2 Likes

Again, it’s an Apple problem, not a Denon one. Apple changed the database when they closed down iTunes and switched to Apple Music. You can find threads all over the Serato forum complaining of the same thing.

In what way have you had ‘your pants pulled down’? I don’t understand that bit.

1 Like

I don’t know it that is the best idea ever or the worst idea ever. FML

1 Like

It would knock Pioneer off top spot for being vastly overpriced, that is for sure. Although it will look considerably better.

1 Like

I’m afraid it is a Denon problem, my Apple Music goes over to Engine DJ without any problems, it’s then the Transfer to the Denon that is the problem, I will however try our method as it works, I bought my Denon new seven weeks ago, crossfader not working properly, done all the fixes that I read on the forums, apart from getting my own SI out and fixing the relay connection this is an know problem for Denon and they have not fixed or done an upgrade or recall on the product. Then the constant freezing of the touch screen which means you have to reset and start again, this is why I feel I’ve had my pants pulled down, I work in engineering at the cutting end, if a product has known problems then it should get sorted. The forum posts I’m reading up on go back to 2018, still the same product problems. Now I really like my controller, the feel is great for me, transfers and transition is superb, the design and look is wonderful, I just had better expectations and truly believed that they are the future. Again shared experience is so valuable to us new users on Denon products. :facepunch:t3::ok_hand:t3:

Every DJ, Producer says the same things about products, I personally buy all my music, I don’t do free transfers and for this I expect it to work, the whole industry is not working together for what is one purpose, the buyers of their products, i though Denon was the fix, I seriously thought can they do the impossible and bring all the streaming services together under one roof, this would stop all the data we have to use for different platforms, Apple is probably the only company that could do this approach, I’m still flabbergasted that Denon has not been able to do a deal with them, Pioneer is done unless they really up their game, Denon will go the same, so which of the big Two will have the minerals to do what is best for us the customer. I’m going to draft an idea to the engineering technical department at Apple, I have some out the box thinking on this subject :facepunch:t3:

My good man, we are happy for your enthusiasm.

I’ve just tried your method :pray:t3::facepunch:t3::raised_hands:t3: it seems to have worked on the Mac with the engine DJ, fingers crossed this goes across to the SATA card in my Denon :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

this is how my folders and playlists are organised on all 3 of my software and my Mac. makes updating super easy.

It worked at last :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3: thanks for the advice, that saved me doing the whole revert back. :man_dancing:t3::man_dancing:t3::man_dancing:t3::man_dancing:t3::tornado:

1 Like

Great to hear… ive long since held the belief that iTunes is great for buying cheap music and woeful for organising once bought.

I am alway pleased to hear when a fellow DJ, after becoming despondent with their initial experience with the product (whether Denon or by using a third party product), and almost on the verge of chucking in the unit, find the solution to the problem, most time through the sterling support of colleagues on this forum.

For my own part, any problems I had, have been minor and more or less resolved. I have, regardless, always been able to play music, do functions with no problems, which to me is the bottom line with any system used. Anything else, to me I must add, are frills! I have invested in Denon since the early 2000’s, practically a collector, and will continue to do so (even though I love my XDJ XZ!).

I only use Apple Music, to purchase and rip from my very extensive Cd collection, as I was essentially a CD DJ up to fairly recently (2018/19 ish). I was however ripping iTunes to CD’s for years. Apple Music works for me with my Prime 4, MCX8000 with no transfer/syncing problems. Where I may have had initial problems, it was due to user error, not being familiar with all the details of the manuals etc. I suppose we all have different experiences, but I am glad when perseverance prevails.

By the way, should be receiving a Numark mixstream pro today so I can be more flexible with how and where I play music/DJ or just enjoy wherever I go.

1 Like

Your point is a fair one for sure, the forum is a great place to get advice, I’ve lost count now of the threads I’ve read and got a new piece of advice, I’ve not updated yet, I want to see more doing it before I do. As for the future of Denon, it looks stronger each time they do something. I’m beginning to believe I done the right thing, since December two more of my friends have left pioneer and come across to Denon.

1 Like