Any way to undo a loop/hot cue assignment/overwrite/deletion on the platter itself?

If I were to accidentally delete a hot cue point or overwrite a loop on the player, is there an undo feature or some way to revert what used to be in that pad slot back to what it was when I exported it from the desktop software? Or is the only recourse to nuke my USB drive and do a full on re-export from the desktop to fix the messed up hot cue/loop? Thanks!

I’m not sure, but this would be useful:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/read-only-mode/40636

https://community.enginedj.com/t/ntfs-read-only-support-on-large-drives/40637

1 Like

That would be a fantastic feature. Too bad it doesn’t exist. Would love to be able to lock the USB drive in some fashion and unlock it if for some reason I want to change something on the device vs. on the desktop.

If when you return home, you don’t insert the USB into the Sync manager to dump your changes, your collection is still intact, right? or I have not understood your question?

Yes that is correct. It doesn’t fix the problem though.

Suppose I made changes to a playlist, or created a new playlist, again on the deck that I like and want to keep. Then, suppose on another track I accidentally delete a saved loop that I liked, still on the deck because things are getting hectic with juggling 4 layers at once and I accidentally hit the wrong button.

Now I go to sync w/ the desktop: Sync will take the most recent changes and apply them. So while yes, I’d get my playlist or whatever stuff I changed on the deck that I liked, it would also sync over the accidentally nuked loop from the deck: not what I want. The problem with “just don’t sync” is that I have no way to get any changes I intentionally made and liked, while also at the same time getting the changes I made by mistake and don’t like.

The easiest solution would either be an undo feature, or as has been pointed out, an option to lock/unlock the drive for writing.

1 Like

that yes, but if you block the USB, you would not have the changes that if you wanted to make, it is complicated, no all-in-one system has it. an undo button would be ideal, but they should do it first on the desktop software and then on the USB or HDD, create a request, if there isn’t one already

It would simply be a toggle. Or done via the control center UI. There are already 2 requests pending for said feature.

maybe some sort of safemode would help, if you can only set up new loops and cues after deleting them before, this could easily be a setting under profile > safety I am currently looking if I can find something like that discussed here.