Any plans for a DJS1000 style sampler

Yes Of Course!!!

If it were on the table, I would have to say no way with the overkill, as long as it sync via the link, then I would like a small unit a bit more like the old Dj sampler, as long as it catches a loop and you can have a loop brace so you can adjust length of loops on fly via pots per sample, then just a gain per sample and a mini faders and Filter all about the Control no hidden Controls in layers all pot their ready to use , I would rather have something small and compact and just does what its supposed to on the fly, then with the modern twist that you can save and scroll thru the sample sets, or like wise you could just load and existing samples from your main players either per sample so you could mix and match and create new sample sets or just throw/load the whole 8 Samples from your players in one go. so really only has to be fun and creative and simple without all the drama of those larger players, that one could buy if you wanted. I would rather be able to buy a couple of these for about approx. £250-£300 each, maybe create a little stand for above the back of the players, you could throw in a few suitable effects for blending, but over all I just don’t get all this expensive overkill we have been asking for when its not practical, surely if you guys know the score you know this is what is missing from the DJ hardware arena, think compact and Designed to be usable at a glance no hidden nonsense, something like this is what you should be pushing for and with that much cheaper price so any one can add one or two sampler players, I mean wow this would leave every other Dj company standing, Denon prime would have it all and no gimmicks just tools for skills and creativity, one last thing maybe add a little 16 beat x 4 bank step sequencer so you can make your own little Sequences, It would be a real shame if Denon made another pioneer type sampler, who needs another, lets think outside this average Box when we are missing just this. I think Denon would have what is Needed now to be able to come up with a neat Design.

I’d definitely buy a Denon DJS-1000 if it existed.

1 Like

Please make this. ASAP I really do not want to have to buy pioneer gear

Have a look at Akai samplers - there is little chance in Denon making one.

As You seen this is only a concept. I send the documentation for it to Denon staff, let’s see what they do with it. The concept involved multiple workflow features that even competition never thought about… But it needs a good development and a lot of programming.

2 Likes

I absolutely love this:

Well done to NoiseRiser for the mock-up - I have everything crossed that they can see the interest here.

3 Likes

I did not only the mock-up, I also made a detailed description of the workflow, all buttons, why they are there, what is their purpose, how this device should connect with Prime series, and what benefit it can give when done correctly. I also made some half-done/half raw sketches of the GUI and what user should get when pressing a selected button.

Cool - they’ve got everything they need to make it then - just been the desire to do so, and no complaints from Akai about stepping on their toes. I think this is the biggest problem.

With 1 being “It will never be made”, and 10 being “Cant wait to see it an NAMM next year”, where are you, confidence wise?

This would be a dj workstation not a “only sampler”, so akai has nothing to do with it.

We’ll have to see about that, I guess. That might be your opinion, but it might not be the opinion shared by the InMusic team, which might explain why you’ve had little contact regarding your idea, sadly.

For the record - I really hope they look at your idea seriously.

All that needs to happen is:

A) Denon add Ableton Link B) We buy an Akai sampler

1 Like

Theres nothing stopping something similar being added to a pad mode. I think the potential has yet to be realised with how far they could go with the internals and by adding short samples created from loops may not tax the system that much.

There could be an update to Engine to allow samples to be dropped onto on-screen pads then exported. Slot A1 to A8 and B1 to B8 on either side.

The “view” button could show a “sampler mode”.

Add Ableton Link for more comparability for other gear.

My concept is not possible to be added as a pad mode. It requires a complete dedicated device. Sampler is just a fraction of its options. I made this design, because I miss some of functionality in live setup, as well I wanted to integrate some of the features and add some that are not yet on any dj gear/software. This resulted in a device that will need its own dedicated hardware.

1 Like

I think that a dedicated controller is by far the best solution. This would be a true performance tool and appeal to the advanced user.

I feel that incorporating a similar way that the Serato sample player or Remix Decks use is technically possible as an addition to a stand alone player. The remix decks worked great on my old Kontrol S8 and feel something could be included as a starter, depending on the power under the hood.

Using a spare USB input on the back to control it would only need an XP1 style controller for that extra tactile feel.

Haha, I was going to say the same thing yesterday! Even if it’s just Akai pad controllers, which I’d imagine would be easiest to integrate, due to the company connection.

1 Like

Conflict of interest, I’d say - why would InMusic release a Denon sampler when they already have a department that deals with only samplers? Its like Akai releasing a controller to rival the SC6000 - it makes no business sense, sadly. I’d love a Denon performance tool, however I am also realistic enough to realise it’s never going to happen.

A sampling remix-workstation/effect/looper is my idea for Denon Prime series. Not a Only another boring sampler - this would be something that is way beyond akai…

1 Like

I dont believe they would implement someone else’s ideas either - they’d could expose themselves to royalties lawsuits, so in the exceptionally unlikely event that they do make something, I would imagine it will be something they have designed. As said before, they have an organisation that makes samplers - thats the nail in the coffin of any ideas about Denon samplers. A real shame, but it does makes business sense to let the sampling people make the samplers, and the DJ people to make the DJ kit.

The force and mpc live can both be used as loopers, fx processors, live samplers, etcetera. I used the force as part of my life set for a while before switching back to ableton.