Anchor point(s) question from a Serato user

Continuing the discussion from Noob questions about anchors and ID3 tags:

Does Engine have a way to set multiple anchors in a track, such that it can lock the beat grid between two anchors at one tempo, while another two anchors might be at a slightly different tempo?

I think the quartz lock crystal on my 1200 is failing, and all of my recent digitized tracks are off from unless I throw in a few anchor points in the middle of the track (ie every 32 or 48 bars, but I’ve got some poorly pressed vinyl that needs this every 8 bars in some spots).

yes

1 Like

So one could hit that button and anchor the best grid between the first anchor and one at bar 17, for example? Then rinse and repeat as needed?

only difference compared to serato style is that you cant go back to between two previous anchors to make changes.

eg say one is in a rush and just grids every 8 bar, but you decided to go back and drop some more anchors between grid 1 and 9.

1 Like

The Serato style of anchors is actually quite a PITA, TBH. I’ve gone in to set extra anchors in spots where there already two anchors set, and it sometimes throws everything else out of whack.

1 Like

Then you will be grand with the engine anchors then.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, this drives me nuts as well, luckily I don’t have to rely on that very often.

I gonna give the Engine procedure a more detailed try, so far I manage(d) my master library in Serato and ported it to Engine - which works buttery smooth, big kudos for that, devs.

2 Likes

Hello @Skaratak,

it’s a never ending story, in the past the beatgrid tool had been amended, but imo it is not perfect yet.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/flexible-beatgrid-ability-to-set-a-manual-downbeat/36984

To amend a track on the P4 gear it is very difficult and frustrating (if you touch the platter not properly you have to start from the beginning, as the grid slipped away)

The last tracks I improved by dropping anchor were

• Candi Staton Young Hearts run free 1/2
  • No Sovereign Showdown Dance Mix DUB

No Sovereign really was a challenge … but at last better than without anchors

Good luck when dropping anchor and enjoy the day

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

Hello again @DJMaytag,

sorry I’m not an English native speaker and I don’t understand, what do you mean with this, especially “rinse”:

Could you pls be so kind as to explain a little or show us, which item in the Engine DJ do you touch for “rinse”?

Thanks in advance for your endeavours in this matter.

Brgds BeatMaster

Its a figure of speech for repeating the same process over and over :slight_smile:

Edit: Figure of Speech = alternative phrase.

2 Likes

Moin @STU-C,

thank’s for your assistance in this matter, now I took it.

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

No probs Beatmaster, happy to assist with our weird and wonderful language and its hundreds of dialects:)

Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat is another phrase loosely based on rinse and repeat too, just more fun.

2 Likes

Cheers

• eat
  • sleep
  • repeat

Buff tae buff tae :innocent:

2 Likes

It’s a saying we got from instructions on shampoo bottles: Lather, rinse, repeat - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Moin @DJMaytag,

thank’S for your reply and the link.

Now I took it and I learnt something new for me :innocent:

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.