After 3.4, Bluetooth Audio Output

Hi,

In the release for 3.4 it mentioned that coming soon was “Bluetooth Audio Output”, anyone know if this should/could apply to bluetooth headphones or just main audio?

I’ve not seen headphones mentioned.

Admittedly it would be quite cool for listening on the sofa while preparing tracks and building’s playlists on the actual hardware (Prime Go).

I think it would require a bit of back-end work adding things like separate in-app volume controls etc. It’s not impossible but my guess is that there could be a bit more work involved but we could be proved wrong when it finally drops.

Transmitter does not care to what kind of receiver it sends the signal meaning you will be able to output the main signal (master) to any kind of BT receiver: headphones, speakers, google audiocast…

What you really want to ask is will you be able send cue signal over BT to your headphones while you are also sending master signal to BT speakers.

An educated guess would be NO since that would require two separate BT transmitters in the DJ device.

100% agree, it would be very handy, plus my headphone leads far too short. :joy:

1 Like

I can’t disagree with your logic, fingers crossed they’ve found a way

A way for what? I’ve just explained to you why it’s not possible.

Not to mention a huge issue: you cannot beatmatch if you are outputing audio over BT, either to speakers or headphones.

Okay, understood.

1 Like