Adjusting Default Motor Behavior on SC6000M

Hello Foks,

I’ve got the Denon SC6000M and I want to change the default behavior of the motorized platter. Specifically, I’m looking to have the motor turned off as the default setting whenever I power up the unit.

I’ve gone through the settings menu but haven’t been able to locate an option that allows me to adjust or disable the motorized function by default. I’m wondering if any of you have experience with this or know of a way to set the motorized platter to a non-motorized mode as the default behavior. Otherwise I will have to disable it each time I turn on the Gear, which is annoying as iI have to do it for each layer.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

I wander why then to buy a motorized platter deck in a first place?

@NoiseRiser Thanks for your question.

I chose the Denon SC6000M with a motorized platter because it offers the flexibility to perform in different styles.

While I do enjoy the vinyl-like experience when I have some leisure time, the majority of my performances are more akin to using CDJs. Having the ability to switch off the motorized platter allows me to adapt the SC6000M to a CDJ-style performance when needed, giving me the best of both worlds.

This versatility is what drew me to this model in the first place.

1 Like

Nice, good to know that. From the main part of Your post it was sounding like, you bought the wrong deck, and now want to just keep the motor off. Well, I can only suggest to switch the motor off, go to settings and hit save ssettings. See if that would help. If not - then this needs a new feature request in the right area of the forum.

@NoiseRiser Thank you for your suggestion.

I have tried to save the parameters after setting the platter to non-motorized mode. Unfortunately, these settings do not seem to be stored permanently. Each time I power on the device, it reverts to its original motorized behavior.

Based on your advice, I’ve gone ahead and submitted a feature request to address this issue.

Appreciate your help, and wishing you a great day

1 Like

Thank You and happy mixing!

This doesn’t seem like a very important feature request, since you just tap a button to turn the motor off per-layer. Considering you prefer to use motor-off, though, what do you think about the jog bend?

https://community.enginedj.com/t/make-m-s-motor-off-jog-bend-adjustable/40580

To the OP, I’m curious if you’ve tried using the nudge buttons And setting the decks to start instantly. That should get you closer to a cdj experience without interfering with the motor function.

1 Like

@GUYSKOOL: It’s not wise to enter factory mode and change settings, unless you really know what you’re doing. Being that this forum is publicly available worldwide, I’ve removed your post accordingly.

Also, there’s nothing that you can do in the factory test app to actually change any defaults or add capabilities to Engine. This is not a valid solution to the request.

1 Like

Considering inMusic is not doing out of warranty repairs any more, any little bit of info and means of self diagnosing issues help.

Removing the post is was a mistake and a futile exercise in the age of internet (plenty people who saved the info).

Combine the two behaviours of inMusic and you get why people will stop recommending your gear :confused:

@ dn_dnne wanted to know if it was possible to turn off the motor rotation by default.

The motor test in the factory test consists of a check which spins the platter forwards and backwards at 2 different speeds each. This has absolutely nothing to with what the poster has requested.

The information was misleading and unhelpful, and therefore we removed it to avoid confusion, and to minimize the potential for less technical people to come across and and potentially mess up their devices.

What you’re talking about is completely different - if someone is specifically looking for help for a no longer in production unit, we can have that discussion here, as long as the advice is reasonable and actually correct. :confused: :confused:

So does that mean the 6000m’s are discontinued?

The 6000m’s are not discontinued. Sorry if I gave you a scare if you came to that conclusion.

The 2 TL:DR points from this thread are basically:

• The ability to have the motor off by default at boot should be written up as a feature request (it looks like this still hasn’t been done).
  • Telling people to enter the factory test app isn’t going to help with this feature request, because nothing in the test app that has anything remotely to do with the request.
2 Likes

By any chance does the factory mode settings on the Ms have any influence on the amount of drag required on the metal platter edge to momentarily pitch down when the motor is running, or could it even increase the torque sufficiently that the motors wouldn’t need relubing?

Or is it just to get the RPM at exactly 33 or 45 rpm or whatever it’s supposed to be running at forward & back?

It has no influence. It’s a very simple test, not a calibration. It’s not going to be useful for you guys, trust me.

1 Like

Sorry Vince…we don’t.

Your company:

• sells products that are designed not to be user servicable (board soldered linefaders)
  • does not service products that are outside of warranty period in the official service centers
  • does not keep a reasonable supply of parts for direct sales to consumers that would enable us to service them outside those service centers

And now you tell us it’s better for us not be able to test our devices for possible issues? Yeah…I’m not buying it.

Until this :poop: is sorted, any inmusic gear is not to be recommended.

That’s not what I said. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

I said (and I will summarize as concisely as possible):

• The test app is not going to be helpful in setting the motor to be off by default
  • The test app is not going to be helpful in calibrating the motor speed.
  • If anyone has actual issues, say so and we can discuss them here.

It seems like you’ve come to the conclusion that there’s some sort of conspiracy that I’m somehow preventing people from accessing some top secret super useful tool that will help them unlock additional troubleshooting capabilities. This just isn’t true.

I’m trying to keep people from wasting their time. Like I said - people bring problems, and we try to find solutions here. The test app is not the solution to any of the above mentioned problems.

2 Likes

Appreciate the response Vince, super helpful :+1: