Adjust beat-grid on device?

Hi,

On the SC6000, using on device beat-grid adjustment, I can move the grid back and forth to align with transients, and of course half or double the grid size.

What I’ve not figured out, is how to stretch or contract the grid (i.e… adjust the BPM). I tend to play off Beatport LINK, and this would be very useful when the BPM detection is just plain wrong…is it possible? I’d have thought holding shift and turning the platter might have been the trick, but doesn’t seem to be.

3 Likes

It’s not a current feature on the device itself.

The engine prime PC / Mac software has flexigrids though, so you can adjust markers on troublesome tracks there

Here is a request thread for the feature as it pertains to streaming tracks

https://community.enginedj.com/t/adjust-bpm-directly-on-player-while-editing-grid/33845?u=mufasa

1 Like

Ah yeah. Although I wouldn’t have thought anyone would have the time, to stand there and adjust grids between mixes.

I’d like to see more and more editing features added to the players themselves though, for sure.

Little do you know. I even do flexible beatgridding mid set….and I do quick mixing open format style, take requests…sync ya know

I’ve no doubt most people would be fine.

It’s those who don’t have timeto even press one button to change headphone channel cue, or don’t have time to hold their finger on a song title for 2 seconds to view the extra info etc, who might not have the time to edit beatgrids on the fly :slight_smile:

Not on Beatport Link tracks

All the more reason to buy the songs, rather than rely, to a high percentage, on streaming.

Reason for beatgrid edit ‘on the fly’ would benefit me: I have 3 children, wife, full time day job, gigs etc.

So usually when I spot a track that is “off”, I spot it on the units, either during a job or during fun/ practicing, not in Engine Prime. Therefor it would be way easier for me, not neading to load a track in Engine Prime, but simply Sync the updated grid back in to Engine Prime.

Its not that I’m layze, its just 90 % of my Denon Time, happens on the units, not in the software.

3 Likes

Same here, especially for new music that might not last too long. I simply don’t have time to beat grid everything in prime first. Fine for classics that I know have stood the test of time, but not for something that I might play 2-3 times and then job after a few practice sessions.

4 Likes

When you say realign, you are just sliding the fixed grid back and forth, rather than expanding or contracting it (changing the BPM)? When the MCX8000 is in standalone mode?

The Prime kit can do the sliding too, but what we’re looking for is the latter (expand/contract).

2 Likes

This was of course introduced with firmware updates since this topic was posted, nice work Denon!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.