Adding Music

Ok so Prime 4+, Sata Hardrive installed, i want to add music to the Sata Hardrive thru Engine Dj. Go!

1 Like

Hi

Best to download the engine desktop manual from here and give it a good read.

But to put basically, you need to add and organise all your music in the desktop app, including analysing it… then connect your Prime 4 to your computer using the supplied fast USB cable, put the Prime 4 in computer mode then use sync manager to populate the SATA drive.

But please read the whole manual to learn it properly, you’ll save yourself tonnes of pain moving forward.

3 Likes

Your prime 4+ should have come with a usb cable to connect one end to the back of your unit and the other into your computer. if you power on your unit and place it into computer mode, when connected to your computer via USB it should show on your computer under your hard drives. Open your engine DJ software and click on the sync manager and export your playlists to your prime 4+ that way. make sure your hard drive is formatted correctly to either Fat 32 or ExFat. Fairly simple process once you get the hang of it a few times! good luck. If you get lost I’m sure a quick YouTube search might be of assistance to you!

Apologies ive done all that so ive added music to my ehgine dj desktop app. So im asking do i have to download every song again just to add the new music?

No, you have to use the SyncManager in the Desktop Software

Assuming by “download” you mean transfer (from computer to Prime) then no. For just adding a few new tracks I’d suggest it’s best not to even involve Sync Manager. Just drag and drop from your computer to the Prime.

2 Likes

Actually, I use Sync Manager every time (from Engine Desktop to SSD in SC6000). It only updates what you have changed ie; new music added, updates any folders or playlists you changed as well.

You have to remember to sync back to engine before syncing to the drive though, or any changes made during performance will be lost.

2 Likes

Yes but before you make any changes on Engine DJ, otherwise any changes you make on Engine DJ will be overwritten by the SSD.

1 Like

Is that right? I thought the sync back only added changes back to desktop and not a full overwrite… I might be wrong though

I thought it over wrote a new playlist I created syncing back to Engine but I’ll test and check again

2 Likes

Will be interesting to know, I’ll do the same next week.

1 Like