Adding (hot)cue points anywhere in track while track is playing (by stopping wave form in Beat Grid Edit mode)

Problem: Track is playing and you noticed an interesting point that you want to set a cue point at. You cant go back because the track is still playing and you forget to do it afterwards.

Solution: You enter the Beat Grid Edit mode, stop the movement of the waveform (while the track is still playing), and move the waveform back to the position where you want to enter the cue point, you enter the cue point, and return to the track.

PS: The idea to be able to stop the waveform in the Beat Grid Edit mode and move it around, while the track continues playing, would be handy anyway to make on-the-fly changes to the beat grid (for example when the grid is slightly off-beat)

1 Like

Hi

you need to set all these requests up in the ‘feature request’ area of the forum, that way people can vote on it.

1 Like

Solution: You duplicate the track to the other layer and do whatever you need to do there.

6 Likes

I know, but it would be much easier if it could be done in the Beat Grid Edit mode

Interesting idea

I think a way to this could be pressing SLIP in grid edit mode.

It’s a interesting idea, but way faster is to make instant double, rewind and hit an empty hot cue.

1 Like

I would suggest a PAUZE or FREEZE button in the Grid Edit screen. Making an instant double has its limitations (when you are playing tracks on both layers)