5000M Crashes with new update to 1.5.2

Hey guys,

So I’ve had my 5000M’s for about a little over a year or so maybe more. Minor issues but nothing like what I’ve been experiencing with the update. I figured now would be a good time to figure out whats been going on.

I recently updated to 1.5.2 around the middle of the summer when everything opened back up. The problem started when I dj’d my first wedding of the season. About 4 hours in, I went to load a track in the right deck, Pressed play and although the jog wheel was spinning there was no audio coming for the first 30 seconds of the track. I ignored it and just switched out the track, but then 20 minutes later it happened again with a different track.Wasn’t a big deal as I was able to finish the wedding with no issues. I honestly didn’t think anything of it.

Then a few weeks later I had another gig… that’s where things starting going downhill. At the start of the gig, I experienced the same audio drop out followed by a complete crash of the right player! I booted it back up, it worked fine for about 20 minutes then same thing happened but instead player 2 crashed, and lead to my other player crashing as well. This happened about 3 more times. The crash usually starts with a certain track when the audio drops out, then the player stops responding and then crashes and reboots itself.

I’m using 2 SC5000’M’s that are linked with a brand new link cable so it can’t be the link cable. I’m using a Pioneer DJM-S9 Mixer. I’d say maybe it’s the USB’s but Ive NEVER experienced this before with any other updates. I will note that I’ve only updated these once -from 1.2, then the next update I did was 1.5.2. Is it possible that I have to go back an update or two?? I’d probably X out corrupt files because I’ve been using the same USB’s since I bought these and no issues. I’m using San Disk Ultra Flairs 128GB for both players.

Anyone experience this? Any help would be apprecieted.- Roc

Reflash 1.5.2

Reanalyse your library, I’ve noticed some database gremlins between updates. I usually do a full rebuild.

Are you using rekordbox to rebuild? That’s what I’ve been using.