4 Ideas for Engine OS and Ableton Link (without a computer)

4 Ideas for Engine OS and Ableton Link (without a computer) :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Pretty good tips.

I have a loopstation which doesnā€™t work with iOS over USB. However I do have an iRig Pro that has midi in/out jacks and works with my iPhone. I use an app called ā€˜Link to Midiā€™ which takes link info from the denon unit and passes it as midi to my loopstation. Just a tip for people with vintage equipment. :wink:

1 Like

Did you see the video? :grinning: Idea number 3 (Smartphone + Drum Machine): OTG Adaptor + Link to midi app

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, not really looked into the ableton link options yet, but the video has given me some great ideas for general automation. Thanks.

1 Like

Really great Ethan :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Yeah I saw it. You were using midi over USB. Iā€™m talking about using actual midi cables for devices that donā€™t support midi over USB with iOS thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Very nice, bro!

1 Like

What is the app you are using on your phone?

Best Android apps to use is:

G-stomper studio

Mixvibes remixlive

I donā€™t know about iOS apps

Best to use them on a tablet as button taps are easier to hit during an interactive session

2 Likes

This one for me. Itā€™s fantastic.

1 Like

Hook app for iOS is super dope. But Iā€™m still having sync issues

On iOS i tried ā€œLaunchpad: DJ with Novation (really great and easy to use)ā€ and of course ā€œiMPCā€ by Akai professional (wow)

Iā€™m using Ableton Link (actually, with a computer) to sidechain-duck effect tails on my send/return channels.

I have a reverb connected to the V10, the return is routed (via an external audio interface) through Maschine, where a compressor is sidechain triggered by a ghost kick in Maschine, which is synced to the SC6000ā€™s tempo via Link.

Was a bit of a challenge to get it working, but I like the result (a pumping reverb tail).

1 Like