3.1.0 update stuck on Prime Go

Powered up my trusty machine and saw the update screen, so I thought yay and chose update via web. Went to do a chore or two, then when I came back the screen had a notification about preparing devices. There was an OK button that wouldn’t do anything when pressed. 15 minutes later, still no change. Another 15, same screen. Had to leave home for a few hours, so I’m hoping something has happened by the time I’m back, but by the looks of it, I have doubts. Will update this thread.

I believe you can still update it using USB mode - you can force it to usb mode powering it up using a special key combo:

Download the usb updater from engine page;

Copy it to the root of your USB drive/external drive;

Plugged to energy, and with usb drive conected, turn it ON button while holding LOAD > and LOAD < buttons (I believe this is the combo for PRIME GO, @Reese do you know if it is correct)?

2 Likes

That’s correct!

2 Likes

So, just shut off power? I’m scared haha but for real tho.

I believe you can safely hold power to shut it down.

The units are not easily ‘brickable’ and this mode generally solves the issue.

1 Like

Remove all your media storage before updating I.E. SSD SD or USB stick. And preferably allow the PC/Mac software to update your media database, as they have more powerful processors than the hardware.

1 Like

Ok, I did the updater file to USB stick root thing, which led me here, with the waiting screen but minus the breathing lights:

So I plugged the mac in and ran the updater through that, which went really well. - Which is the way I should’ve done it to begin with and most likely will in the future :wink: Thanks for the swift replies!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.