Why has it been rebranded to Engine DJ

As most people are aware there has been much discussion around the lack of DVS soundcards on the market, and also lack of compatibility with some devices and their favourite DJ software.

In light of this, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the choice to rebrand the software as Engine ‘DJ’ ?

Is it possible Denon/Inmusic are planning on making inroads into the DJ performance software market?

I think “prime” was a denon registered trade mark and with the time that inMusic also wanted to share the software to their other brands, like the new Numark device it was just given a new name so it is more generic.

2 Likes

Fair point… I was just projecting my thoughts based off the complete silence from all party’s about a solution to this soundcard problem, alongside the constant requests for Serato support on stuff like the Prime 2.

I think by the end of 2022 we will know for sure where we stand, and I’m not feeling optimistic as a DVS user.

Prime means first. Of best quality (:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:). Of most important. Bit like calling company aardvark in old days to be first in phone book.

They already have split they have denon dj, and denon pro. Maybe because of the addition of the likes of numark and akai alongside the prime series it made more sense to umbrella the software as engone dj. That indicates its not only for the prime series but can be used on the other gear too.

Probably not though.

1 Like

There’s already the Numark Mixstream. I bet we’ll see more Engine DJ hardware by other brands under the InMusic umbrella.

An affordable and compact Numark media player would make sense to drag more people into the eco system. Something like an XDJ-700.

1 Like

That would be cool, I want an XDJ-700 but would happily have an alternative to it from inmusic

Maybe this?

1 Like

NICEEEEEEE. That would pair better with the prime 4 than the lc5000. It just looks like its part of the same set rather than different size jog wheels. I kniw i have problems with two different size jogs on the same setup and im sure im not the only one