Update 2.3.0 Channel 1 and 3 effects not working

After the update channel 1 and 3 effects do not work! Buttons are completely off and do not light up or trigger effects

Hey @alessandro_Andrade - does turning the unit off and on again resolve the issue?

The same on my Prime 4 after updating…off/on does not work but switching the channel input to line and back the backlight of the buttons return but it is not possible to activate them. Channel 2&4 are working properly

Hey @Skylab - does turning the unit off and on again resolve the issue?

No, I tried several times. After booting all FX buttons on 1 and 3 are completely inactive(even no light) Switching input on channel 1 and 3 from USB to LN and back the backlight on the FX buttons comes back to 50% as it should be but you can’t activate them. FX controls are working fine. On Channel 2&4 there are no issues so far I can see

Hrmm - it might be because of some sort of failure during the firmware update. I’d suggest going to the download page and downgrading to 2.2.2 and then upgrading back to 2.3 to see if the issue is resolved. Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

Thinking along, could it be related to a specific update method? How did affected users update (PC, USB, OTA Wifi)?

Directly on the Prime 4 per LAN

Hello,

You must forgive me, as my English is not so good.

I have the same problem with the FX 1 through 3.

I have a gig on Saturday, I try a downgrade to 2. 2. 2!!!

How does a downgrade work on the Prime 4?

Can somebody help me with that?

Thank you.

It’s further down the download page I linked above. It works just like an upgrade - just put it into firmware update mode and put the 2.2.2 firmware on it. I’d suggest trying to re-update first to see if it solves the issue, and please feedback if that works or not.

1 Like

Reiniciar não resolve o problema! Tentei reinstalar a atualização de todas as maneiras, pendrive, diretamente do mackbook, nada funciona!! No site denon, não há como baixar a versão anterior, conforme sugerido, todos os links levam à versão atual 2.3

That translates: Restarting does not solve the problem! I tried to reinstall the update in every way, pendrive, directly from the mackbook, nothing works!! On the denon site, there is no way to download the previous version, as suggested, all links lead to the current version 2.3

If you want to download older firmware:

• go to: Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ
  • Scroll down just below What’s New
  • Select Engine OS here
  • Scroll to the desired firmware version (you might need to click expand) and you will see all the devices and download options (windows/mac/usb/user guide)

Screenshot 2022-08-25 01.08.24

1 Like

Hey folks,

We have now reproduced this issue and are looking into a fix. It doesn’t appear that downgrading and upgrading is a workaround at this point. We have confirmed that reverting back to the previous version does cause the issue to go away. We recommend that people who experience this issue stay on the 2.2.2 firmware version if they want to use FX.

4 Likes

I was trying to browse safari and these options did not appear, in fact safari does not work very well with denon site, several boxes do not appear!! When trying with chrome browser everything worked and options for download appeared and finally I was able to downgrade to version 2.2.2 and everything went back to normal!!

Thanks everyone for the ideas

1 Like

Updated my new prime 4 to 2.2 firmware via usb. Was playing fine for about an hour when suddenly the channel select lights over channels 1&3 went dark. Channel 1 or 2 effects cant be applied and pressing either does absolutely nothing.

Hoping there is a simple fix I am missing, searched around and cant find an answer. Channel 2 effects work fine on decks 2&4.

I appreciate any input. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.