The Denon Prime Range to avoid ? Be careful with the slightest problem in France

Thank’s for this return MrWilks,

Yes ! My sad thought is that I’m afraid the screen was damaged and they replaced it with a low end generic product just so as not to lose money!

I remember setting the screen to Mid because it was too bright and now… it’s way too dark!

1 Like

If my living room is lit… the brightness of the P4 screen is too limited and yet the light in my living room is not powerful “9watts” cold white LED for 22m2!

If the brightness has been reduced on the white versions, why is the P4+ not equipped in the same way???

I think it was a screen firmware issue that made it stay 100% and could not be dimmed. As this didn’t affect the black Prime 4 we all kinda guessed there’s some updated specs as the models progress.

Hopefully it shouldn’t be an issue as your new screen is surely compatible with the model you have. Worth getting it checked over though.

“As usual you always have the problems that a minimum of person have! Ah ah! Ouin Ouin Ouin !!! No problème for me ! Change your produit !”

Bien fait pour ta gueule :grinning:

This is not a software problem, but a hardware one!

You don’t have to copy/paste what I wrote to you and remember that I’m not talking to you !

The only thing that might happen… is that you get kicked out again by the forum team Denon !

The P4 will be sold since I also have the P4+ and the P-Go!

However, it is interesting to know if the after-sales service broke the screen and they were wrong about the reference of the main screen for its replacement and in which case, I would not recommend this approved support, there were already feedback on the slowness of the support and that some people had recovered their amps or speakers showing signs of abnormal wear and which were not present on the day of deposit!

Unfortunately, there are too few approved repair centers in France once the products are out of warranty and above all of quality. The only correct one would obviously be Algam, but more expensive!

For me, my most reliable setup remains this one!

1 Like

Maybe they disturbed a ribbon connection inside? That’s one possibility.

No one said DJing should be free or cheap

Pay peanuts - get monkeys

The final “labor” price remains personally excessive for my taste, at least especially for the number of hours supposedly spent on it to change a small screen is false 2h30… but lol

IMG_20231004_161015~3

1 - the repair time would have been longer.

2 - I would have had additional costs to send the P4 and for its return.

€292, repair by dropping it off and picking it up on site! I don’t see myself spending €350/400 for a small Oled screen, plus it’s the repair center Oxygen where I dropped it off and an approved center and Algam partner.

Personally… if there are still 3 small Oled Fx screens that break down I will put the P4 directly in the trash! And I buy a second-hand one that still has a warranty! That won’t happen since I have 4+.

An Algam representative confirmed to me that the screen had a problem (defect), he had sent one, free of charge and he told me that if I had sent them the P4, the labor would have been a little more between 3/8 euros per hour more and that the shipping and return costs would have been between 40 and 60 euros more, while telling me that the number of hours would have been included between 1 hour and 1 hour 40 minutes max and we would have had to wait another month!

Moin DjMell26,

it’s an utmost anoying incident.

Did you peruse, if you get back the same gear as you handed over for maintenance (Productnumber)?

Good luck and I feel for you, it’S really s…t

Brgds BeatMaster